Oxygenics thread again! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2020, 04:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 21NE
Oxygenics thread again!

So excited to pick up our 21ne in November!

Working on ordering modifications to take with us to pick up since everywhere seems to have delivery and/or manufacturing back ups.

I've read over threads about pros and cons of Oxygenics shower head and I had a couple of questions for you all...

For those of you who like the Oxygenics--which model did you go with and worked?

Have you put in a back flow preventer to prevent it from going from hot to cold or have you even had problems with that?

Thanks for your input!
TravelMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMama View Post
So excited to pick up our 21ne in November!

Working on ordering modifications to take with us to pick up since everywhere seems to have delivery and/or manufacturing back ups.

I've read over threads about pros and cons of Oxygenics shower head and I had a couple of questions for you all...

For those of you who like the Oxygenics--which model did you go with and worked?

Have you put in a back flow preventer to prevent it from going from hot to cold or have you even had problems with that?

Thanks for your input!
Actually we also use at home now too. Did change to stainless hoses and have a metal shut off added . The one in trailer is white . Really saves the water for us about 50% . We need water for showers even if boondocking . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
8BA8A76D-2997-4DEA-8045-93C74051E926.jpg   58673BCC-F5D7-4E43-AE04-4DDFD27BA259.jpg  
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:57 PM   #3

PatandLinda,
Do you remember the model number you went with?
Seems like there are an awful lot of them to choose from.....
Old 09-28-2020, 05:43 PM   #4

Quote:
PatandLinda,
Do you remember the model number you went with?
Seems like there are an awful lot of them to choose from.....
Model number 26781 for the white in our trailer . We used the supplied hose for awhile and then changed to a stainless hose , not stiff . Pat
Old 09-29-2020, 09:27 AM   #5

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Actually we also use at home now too. Did change to stainless hoses and have a metal shut off added . The one in trailer is white . Really saves the water for us about 50% . We need water for showers even if boondocking . Pat
Before installing the Oxygenics to our 2018 5.0 I timed the existing ETI provided head against the Oxygenics. There was zip difference in the time to fill a gallon jug, within a second of each other. I'm guessing ETI gave us a different head than you received.

However, the Oxygenics has a superior shutoff and better pressure for rinsing. We're glad we purchased the Oxygenics, but water savings didn't happen.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 09-29-2020, 10:08 AM   #6

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17B
I've been curious about this shower head too. My question is...it doesn't take long to rinse off with my existing factory shower head since it puts out a lot of water. Would the Oxygenics take LONGER to rinse off since there is less water coming out? If so, would that really save water? Space is at a premium in my 17B shower and the Oxygenics is quite a bit bigger than my current shower head. If I'm really careful, I can shower with 3 gallons of water with the current head.
flynfrfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:30 PM   #7

Thank you for the info!
Old 10-02-2020, 10:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Model number 26781 for the white in our trailer . We used the supplied hose for awhile and then changed to a stainless hose , not stiff . Pat
We have a 19 with only 20 gal fresh capacity . We both adults shower every night before bed . Before changing the shower head we used 7-8 gal of water each night if boondocking that is a problem . So after 2 days we are very low on water . Changed the shower head and nothing else changed now we only use 4 gal of water total . And can go almost 5 days but at least 4 days . Our water use was cut in half in real world use . And we do the navy shower . One of us has long hair . We save the dish soap water and use to flush the toilet not the fresh . We do not drink from the fresh tank water either . We bring our distilled water from home in a 3 gal bottle with a dolphin pump . So we also installed these at home because seeing how little water use in the trailer we need to use less water at home , price and restrictions we installed at home too. Pat
Old 10-03-2020, 09:09 AM   #9

Thanks Pat!
So just to clarify, I won't need to install an additional back flow preventer? I just don't want to get that shot of cold water when I do the "army shower"
We too plan on boondocking quite a bit as we were tent campers prior to this and we like the seclusion and independence of being self contained.

flnfrfun: I think the idea is that it increases the pressure so you don't need to use as much water to rinse off. Therefore, it shouldn't take as long to rinse off and with less water. Does that make sense?
Old 10-03-2020, 09:19 AM   #10

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Thanks Pat!
So just to clarify, I won't need to install an additional back flow preventer? I just don't want to get that shot of cold water when I do the "army shower"
Although we found no water saving advantage for the Oxygenics, I forgot to mention the Oxygenics does not give us that wonderful shot of cold water.

We've camped 10 days in Big Bend's Cottonwood Campground and 11 days at Nickerson State Park on Cape Cod, taking army showers ever night, and still had water in the tank. We have 2 one gallon and one two gallon containers for drinking water and dish washing. The dish water goes in the black water tank when done. We've yet to fill our tanks.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 10-03-2020, 01:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Thanks Pat!
We too plan on boondocking quite a bit as we were tent campers prior to this and we like the seclusion and independence of being self contained.

flnfrfun: I think the idea is that it increases the pressure so you don't need to use as much water to rinse off. Therefore, it shouldn't take as long to rinse off and with less water. Does that make sense?
They give you included shut off which will just drip a little that keeps the temp from getting cold . At first didn’t understand and thought something was wrong but the shower head is designed to do that. Since I have on all the shower heads installed a chrome brass shut off I like better and seems to work fine . And yes the pressure helps rinse . Really a nice upgrade . In the trailer for travel I installed a hanger so shower head won’t fall to floor until we are stationary . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
CE7DF66F-C165-4A8B-8355-ACBC3A3690C2.jpg   4452ADAF-D494-4FB9-B92F-DF8382D16948.jpg   4220B22C-E360-4329-BAF3-1AE439BD0709.jpg   1F46635F-DF42-415C-BBA8-4992E8CFB284.jpg  
Old 10-03-2020, 01:05 PM   #12

Quote:
They give you included shut off which will just drip a little that keeps the temp from getting cold . At first didn’t understand and thought something was wrong but the shower head is designed to do that. Since I have on all the shower heads installed a chrome brass shut off I like better and seems to work fine . And yes the pressure helps rinse . Really a nice upgrade . In the trailer for travel I installed a hanger so shower head won’t fall to floor until we are stationary . Pat
A couple pics from home showers and the trailer .