Patandlinda Escape modifications - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2020, 10:08 PM   #161

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
but I used what I already had . Pat
Yes, form may follow function but in a lot of my projects it's also shaped by materials that I had on hand.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:35 AM   #162

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
No rush at all. I'm not going anywhere. thanks!
Old 05-22-2020, 12:50 AM   #163

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Thankyou Bea ! I got the idea from Laura . I will have to look maybe tomorrow or maybe Laura Pervier will remember . Pat

What we used was a thick cutting board, custom ordered from The Cutting Board Company. This particular shade of blue isn't normally in their line, but they have a customer that custom orders that color and the fellow I was dealing with said he could sell me some but it had to be in the thicker material than I originally wanted. But, since I love that shade of blue, I went for it. Not realizing how stinking heavy the darn thing would be. Holy Cow!

Dirk built the frame for it and Reace very kindly sent me 4 of the same handles that are on the cabinet doors so they all match nicely. The cutting board pops out of the frame if I need to use it separately or need to wash it. I put little felt feet on the bottom so it won't rub against the counter top/stove top while toodling down the road.

I absolutely love having it on top of the stove. When I'm plugged in to shore power I don't use the stove, but use an electric cooktop (save propane!) and it fits nicely on top of the cutting board cover. I also store other things on top when I'm not cooking.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00575.jpg   DSC00574.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:25 AM   #164

Lovely in use and appearance!
Old 05-22-2020, 05:09 PM   #165
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
What we used was a thick cutting board, custom ordered from The Cutting Board Company. This particular shade of blue isn't normally in their line, but they have a customer that custom orders that color and the fellow I was dealing with said he could sell me some but it had to be in the thicker material than I originally wanted. But, since I love that shade of blue, I went for it. Not realizing how stinking heavy the darn thing would be. Holy Cow!

Dirk built the frame for it and Reace very kindly sent me 4 of the same handles that are on the cabinet doors so they all match nicely. The cutting board pops out of the frame if I need to use it separately or need to wash it. I put little felt feet on the bottom so it won't rub against the counter top/stove top while toodling down the road.

I absolutely love having it on top of the stove. When I'm plugged in to shore power I don't use the stove, but use an electric cooktop (save propane!) and it fits nicely on top of the cutting board cover. I also store other things on top when I'm not cooking.
Hi Laura, Love it! So fun to hear and see how you (and Pat) have done this. ! I had not heard of The Cutting Board Company before - kitchen stuff like that is 'eye candy' for me. Thank you so much for sharing!! -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:34 PM   #166

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Hi Laura, Love it! So fun to hear and see how you (and Pat) have done this. ! I had not heard of The Cutting Board Company before - kitchen stuff like that is 'eye candy' for me. Thank you so much for sharing!! -Bea
Hi Bea went through my trailer files and still couldn’t find the source . But Laura beat me to it ! Didn’t even get to talk to her yet . That is the source she mentioned I did find on the internet . All I Saw though was tan and black ,no colors . When I spoke to them I ordered directly because I wanted them to cut specially the two sizes I needed . They fit right on top of the cover and I have them screwed to the top . The cover folds as before and that was my reasoning , to fold with no issues . It can take heat and cutting . It was a little pricey if I remember. I ordered 1/4 in , in thickness . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:46 AM   #167

I have two dinettes and the 32 inches of the front one is my bed. I had escape cut the table into two pieces. The second piece turned out to be the width and about 2 inches greater than the depth of the stove area. I toyed with short pvc legs with chair tips, screwed into pipe flange, but it seemed like too much work each time considering the storage place for the table piece (up against the front side of the wardrobe). I eventually settled on four cutlery trays purchased at that wonderful Osoyoos hardware store. Not elegant but fulfills all the requirements—easy, fast, inexpensive, and a bit higher than the stove knobs. When I have electric, I leave it up all the time. When I don’t, my flip up table and back table are close enough.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:44 PM   #168
Bea

Quote:
Hi Bea went through my trailer files and still couldn’t find the source . But Laura beat me to it ! Didn’t even get to talk to her yet . That is the source she mentioned I did find on the internet . All I Saw though was tan and black ,no colors . When I spoke to them I ordered directly because I wanted them to cut specially the two sizes I needed . They fit right on top of the cover and I have them screwed to the top . The cover folds as before and that was my reasoning , to fold with no issues . It can take heat and cutting . It was a little pricey if I remember. I ordered 1/4 in , in thickness . Pat
Thank you Pat! I use the oven a lot when we camp, frequently with the stove lid on top in the open position (with things cooking on the burners at the same time). So, if you feel so inclined, down the road.... I'd be interested in hearing how well your mounted 'high heat' cutting board holds up to the heat that is vented out the back of the stove/oven when the oven is on and the stove lid is in the open position...if you ever do this. Thanks again for all your helpful mods and comments! Thank you too, Laura. -Bea
Old 05-23-2020, 04:54 PM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Thank you Pat! I use the oven a lot when we camp, frequently with the stove lid on top in the open position (with things cooking on the burners at the same time). So, if you feel so inclined, down the road.... I'd be interested in hearing how well your mounted 'high heat' cutting board holds up to the heat that is vented out the back of the stove/oven when the oven is on and the stove lid is in the open position...if you ever do this. Thanks again for all your helpful mods and comments! Thank you too, Laura. -Bea
Hi Bea . We also have the oven and use a lot . Have had something on the burners at same time too. There has been no problem with the heat being generated out back with the lid up either . I think that is why it is pricey . I think I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of about 48 . I haven’t checked my file I keep in trailer yet maybe that is where my receipt is . They were very good answering my questions about their products too. Hope this helps . The Cutting Board Company , Commercial Quality
866-2472409. Pat
Old 05-24-2020, 01:28 AM   #170
Bea

Quote:
Hi Bea . We also have the oven and use a lot . Have had something on the burners at same time too. There has been no problem with the heat being generated out back with the lid up either . I think that is why it is pricey . I think I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of about 48 . I haven’t checked my file I keep in trailer yet maybe that is where my receipt is . They were very good answering my questions about their products too. Hope this helps . The Cutting Board Company , Commercial Quality
866-2472409. Pat
Nice to hear! Appreciate the tip and possible future mod! -Bea
Old 07-05-2020, 09:32 PM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Yes, form may follow function but in a lot of my projects it's also shaped by materials that I had on hand.

Ron
Today finished the little shelf under front window . I think I got it right , decided to attach to window frame so nothing ,if it hung would be bouncing around . How it is attached it is now part of the window and it is not heavy . We wanted for paper , phones Little stuff . The chrome piece had from a prior IKEA purchase that wasn’t using . It is very light weight . I know I saw your idea at quartzite but didn’t want on table , yours was very nice though . We need table to drop to put fur babies to bed at night in their nylon play pen .
I dado the oak to fit the frame and added marine vinyl to back of oak so it won’t stain the trailer vinyl that is up against . You can get stainless cups , we have a couple but are using them right now , that will hang for pencils , pens . Now on to the next project !
Pat
Attached Thumbnails
673B3575-E670-4CF2-AE47-1F229D759C01.jpg  
Old 07-05-2020, 09:34 PM   #172

Quote:
Today finished the little shelf under front window . I think I got it right , decided to attach to window frame so nothing ,if it hung would be bouncing around . How it is attached it is now part of the window and it is not heavy . We wanted for paper , phones Little stuff . The chrome piece had from a prior IKEA purchase that wasn’t using . It is very light weight . I know I saw your idea at quartzite but didn’t want on table , yours was very nice though . We need table to drop to put fur babies to bed at night in their nylon play pen .
I dado the oak to fit the frame and added marine vinyl to back of oak so it won’t stain the trailer vinyl that is up against . You can get stainless cups , we have a couple but are using them right now , that will hang for pencils , pens . Now on to the next project !
Pat
I did coat wood 3 times with polyurethane
Old 07-05-2020, 09:35 PM   #173

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Very nice work, Pat. Looks good.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 09:38 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Very nice work, Pat. Looks good.
Thanks Greg almost a boat now ! Pat
Old 07-05-2020, 10:05 PM   #175

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Looks good, always nice to re-purpose stuff that's just sitting around unused. It's so handy to have a place to put the small stuff and keep it off the table.

Greg, if it rains anymore around here I'm going to have to re-purpose my trailer to a boat.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:21 PM   #176

Quote:
Looks good, always nice to re-purpose stuff that's just sitting around unused. It's so handy to have a place to put the small stuff and keep it off the table.

Greg, if it rains anymore around here I'm going to have to re-purpose my trailer to a boat.

Ron
Thanks Ron ! Yes love to find a use for things just sitting around ! And about that boat ! Pat
Old 07-06-2020, 08:23 AM   #177

Quote:

Ron
Fellow at a fuel stop last week said "Ah bet that little sucker will float"
Old 07-06-2020, 11:20 AM   #178

Quote:

Ron
Ron,
Didn’t know you were getting so much weather in N Van.
Monsoon season is starting here and we left our last campground N of Flagstaff Friday as a deluge was incoming. Heard the whole town lost power for some time.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:37 AM   #179

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
flagstaff?

Greg, we saw an Escape at a gas station a few days ago. It was on the east side of 89 North of town. We are at J&H park just North of there about to leave tomorrow to visit with daughter, son-in-law and grand son in the desert near Williams and then home for a couple days and return here. We'll return with clean clothes and more wine.
AZjack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:37 PM   #180

Jack, we were right by you a bit further N.
Have to catch up w you and Nancy at Quartzsite I guess.