rain gutter ? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2017, 04:00 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19 "Tortuga"
rain gutter ?

Does anyone have a picture of their rain gutter over the back curbside window on a 19?

I recently acquired a piece of gutter and wanted to see the standard mounting position before proceeding. Also it has adhesive attached and I assume no need for mechanical fasteners?

TIA

steve
flatpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:08 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The Ez Gutter has an adhesive strip, I mount it along the top of the escape window after cleaning the area with alcohol. Just follow the metal top trim to the edge and down a little for drainage.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:16 PM   #3

See post #193 here for a picture http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...k-3134-20.html
Also I mounted some left over around the refer vent and do not forget to drill some holes in the frame of the escape window to allow water to drain out, unless Escape is not doing that automatically. I think they are in the newer models but yours may not have them. You drill the window frame flange from the inside out at a downward angle to allow the water to escape.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:40 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Rain gutters

Here's how we did ours. Works well. Gotta keep those drain slots clean. I use compressed air. Did all the windows. Had a little left over from a 25 foot roll. Cut with anvil type pruners for a clean cut.
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2102.jpg   IMG_2103.jpg   IMG_2106.jpg  
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:01 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Well ain't that just slicker than a pig at a pig wrestling contest.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:03 PM   #6

They come in 2 colors, bright white and dull white, both will work though.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:24 PM   #7

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19 "Tortuga"
wow. not sure I need to go all the way round the window BUT thanks!!

steve
flatpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:24 PM   #8

rain gutter install

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Well ain't that just slicker than a pig at a pig wrestling contest.
Rita did the fitting up, I just cut where she told me to. It blends in so well that it was hard to get it to show on the photo.
Down here we'd say " Slicker than snot on a brass doorknob"
Dave
Old 02-09-2017, 05:33 PM   #9

Sticky side down

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatpick View Post
wow. not sure I need to go all the way round the window BUT thanks!!

steve
Hi Steve
We went down the sides quite a ways to assure that a sideways wind driven rain would be deflected. We had it, figured we might as well use it. Peel and stick, no fasteners just a squeaky clean surface. With polymer wax on it.
Dave
Old 02-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
rain gutter ?

Dave where did you get the gutter?
Cheers
Doug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2017, 08:55 PM   #11

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Has anyone ever installed an automotive-type window rain visor over a sider window on their camper? You know the kind that are mounted to the door of a car over the window so you can leave your car window cracked open during the day for ventilation without having to worry about rain coming in through the window (like over the rear window in the image below borrowed from the internet). With slider windows, it seems it would help keep light drizzle and morning dew runoff from coming in the window. With so many styles and sizes on the market, it seems like it wouldn't be too hard to find one to fit over a small slider window. Just curious....
Attached Thumbnails
Rain deflector.jpg  
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:04 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Has anyone ever installed an automotive-type window rain visor over a sider window on their camper? You know the kind that are mounted to the door of a car over the window so you can leave your car window cracked open during the day for ventilation without having to worry about rain coming through the window (like over the rear window in the image below borrowed from the internet). With slider windows, it seems it would help keep light drizzle and morning dew runoff from coming in the window. With so many styles and sizes on the market, it seems like it wouldn't be too hard to find one to fit over a small slider window. Just curious....
I plan on installing these on my truck. We leave windows down a bit for our dog while when leaving him in it, and if raining it will help a lot with rain getting in. Those look very similar to the brand I am looking at, WeatherTech.

Heck, they even have my exact truck shown with them on.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:07 PM   #13

For those with slider windows, I thought MaxxAir had stopped making these a couple years ago, but it looks like they are back on the market.
Floyds RV, Window/Maxx Window Vent
Old 02-09-2017, 09:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I plan on installing these on my truck. We leave windows down a bit for our dog while when leaving him in it, and if raining it will help a lot with rain getting in. Those look very similar to the brand I am looking at, WeatherTech.
Great product. I just ordered a set of WeatherTech for our new truck this morning. Should be here by Saturday. Being in the hot, rainy South, we put them on all of our vehicles. But they mount "in groove" (in the window channel) and are held in place by tension. The camper would need a stick-on surface mount.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:15 PM   #15
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Curse and pox on automotive manufacturers for doing away with "wind wings." THOSE were MY air conditioners... wet cloth around the neck... wind wing aimed at my throat... KOOL!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:07 PM   #16

Growing up in Colorado, we had a old 1946 Dodge 2-ton truck for hauling farm stuff around. The windshield was hinged at the top, and there was a knob in the center of the metal dash. When you cranked the knob, the windshield swung forward at the bottom out to about 6 inches, and air coming over the hood of the truck would rush into the cab, straight into your face - along with bugs, birds, road grit, or whatever. Fortunately, the top speed of that old truck was only about 40 mph, so nothing ever hit you in the face too hard. I also remember an old canvas-covered water bag slung over the front bumper of that truck. Driving down the road, evaporative cooling from the canvas made sure you had a cool drink of water waiting for you whenever you pulled over to the side of the road to let the truck's engine cool down. Oh, the memories....
Old 02-09-2017, 10:35 PM   #17

Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
Dave where did you get the gutter?
Cheers
Doug

Hi Doug
We got the 25 foot roll on Amazon. It was about $50 for 25 feet. It's called EZE RV Gutter. I think ours was the ultra white. Camping world has it too but I don't know if they have the 25 foot length. Hope this helps. Be sure to keep those weep holes (slots) cleaned out too.

Dave
Old 02-09-2017, 10:43 PM   #18

Gimme Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Curse and pox on automotive manufacturers for doing away with "wind wings." THOSE were MY air conditioners... wet cloth around the neck... wind wing aimed at my throat... KOOL!
My Dad and I came out of a dripping humid timber one spring day after hunting Morel mushrooms. We got in the 50 Buick and headed for the nearest burg that had a tavern. Beer for him, Pepsi for me. It was hot. Dad says Crank that wing window all the way around and I'll make some air. We cooled off pretty good by the time we got to Ely Iowa at 80 miles an hour with that straight 8 moaning and that Dynaflow Transmission doing its best to push that buck tooth grill through that heavy air. Sonamatic Radio playing Sail along silvery Moon by Billy Vaughn.
Dave
Old 02-09-2017, 10:46 PM   #19

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Thanks Dave

Old 02-09-2017, 10:58 PM   #20

Water Bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Growing up in Colorado, we had a old 1946 Dodge 2-ton truck for hauling farm stuff around. The windshield was hinged at the top, and there was a knob in the center of the metal dash. When you cranked the knob, the windshield swung forward at the bottom out to about 6 inches, and air coming over the hood of the truck would rush into the cab, straight into your face - along with bugs, birds, road grit, or whatever. Fortunately, the top speed of that old truck was only about 40 mph, so nothing ever hit you in the face too hard. I also remember an old canvas-covered water bag slung over the front bumper of that truck. Driving down the road, evaporative cooling from the canvas made sure you had a cool drink of water waiting for you whenever you pulled over to the side of the road to let the truck's engine cool down. Oh, the memories....
I remember selling a few and filling many Desert Water Bags. Their slogan printed under the name; Cools By Evaporation. You knew the gas station customer headed for the Black Hills had either kids or dogs in the car when he had dual bags hanging off the hood ornament on a big 98 Olda.
Dave