Refrigerator Straps - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2019, 09:13 PM   #21

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
With the new fridge there is no need for additional straps, the site holds solid. And trust me, a few of us put that to the test a lot in the Baja.
But Jim the 17 has a 3CF or optional 4CF fridge. These are different than the larger fridges in other models. If I recall you didn’t have a newer 17 with you in the Baja caravan. It’s possible the fridge model(s) in the 17 do not have the same latching/locking mechanism.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:22 AM   #22

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
My 2015 17A has the smaller 3.4 cu/ft. refer. After reading a couple stories about escapers loosing their refer doors on rough roads, I decided that I would screw a 1" footman loop (from Amazon) on each side of the refer. I also bought a 'cinch strap' to connect across the front of the refer. I like it … its easy to hook up and the whole set up did not cost much. But the real deal is my refer stays noticeably colder with it. I don't have scientific proof just observation. After my strap install, I started noticing my door seals …. they weren't what I would describe as "tight". When using my strap (for travel) they are snug and the seal seems to be too. Check yours out.
My trailer lives a 1000 mile away … but a 'visit' is 4 days away. If you would like pictures of what I have done let me know and I'll post some. For those with your trailers near by ...look at your door seals … might need a bright flashlight. Look with your door latched normally..... and then press against handle and what do you see with the seals?

I like my trailer and I like the 'tinker factor' needed to improve my systems. This refer door seal improvement is an example.... not expensive but it makes my refer a little bit more efficient. Over the years of ownership, I expect to get my trailer to almost perfection (ya right!) …. well, the journey will be fun and entertaining and I'll learn a lot. Win win.

Tom
Old 03-15-2019, 06:12 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
No harm in having "a belt and suspenders" set up.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:35 AM   #24

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Thanks, I'd like pictures, particularly of the kind of strap you used. And I completely agree on the seal, sometimes mine seems a little loose at the bottom.

Also, if you can, please measure the distance under the footman's loop. I want to use a buckle strap and need to be sure it'll fit underneath.

Do you just remove/reinstall the strap each time?

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:39 AM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Here is the strap I used on my 2011 17B, 5 cu ft, Dometic RM 2510 refrigerator:
Attached Thumbnails
_DSC6730.jpg