Removal of Bathroom Medicine Cabinet - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-04-2021, 01:16 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The cabinet in the Escape is fine as is, you just need to be careful opening the door after moving the trailer, other wise everything remains in place. I'm sure items in your vehicle move around while in motion, the medicine cabinet is the same.........
Old 08-04-2021, 01:29 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I have yet to do anything with my medicine cabinet. We just carefully open when stopping in case something might fall, though it resell does, real nice when set up.

I may do something some day, but it is very far from a priority project.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 01:48 PM   #23

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B
I have shelf guards in my medicine cabinet and have no problem since. How a bout a nice bright strip of florescent tape at the bottom of the cabinet door so you remember its there. Just a suggestion.
bnorman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:52 PM   #24

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Our shower curtain tied back when not in use has no effect at all on the medicine cabinet door.

You seem to want to blame what I think as not being the normal standard, yet I have installed many hundreds, even thousands, of doors and cabinet doors and am quite aware of what design standards are. I have heard nothing of complaint from customers.

Nothing wrong with changing this if you wish, I was just curious as to why.
The bath cabinet is not in the center of the wall in our 5.0. When the cabinet door is open it's in our face near the center of the bath area. So it is better placed if the cabinet is reversed so the door is out of the way on the right wall making access to the cabinet natural. If the cabinet was either centered or on the left I'd agree with it's placement, but it's not, and that's why I'll be changing ours. We want proper ergonomics.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 08-04-2021, 11:10 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Similar to what Perry said. With the cabinet offset to the right on the wall and the door hinged on the left the door ended up in the middle of the bath when opened. When something fell out I found myself raising my not overly hair protected head into it. Plus having to hold the curtain away from it when closing. By switching the hinges to the right side next to the curtain both of these issues were eliminated. Since my mods I haven't had anything fall out and we like the door opening against the wall/curtain.
Doug & Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 04:52 AM   #26

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
There is a LOT of people who dislike the molded-in Casita one piece sink/cupboard. I've seen hack jobs to remove most of it. It's in the way for a number of people sitting on the throne and the cabinet is not waterproof. Guess it depends on how one defines "nice."
That was my thought also. While I haven't owned a Casita, from what I've seen the Escape bathroom is much more functional. To me functional is nice.

As a side note people coming from Casitas unnecessarily delete the bathroom sink in the Escape thinking it is in the way like the one in their previous trailer. The bathroom sink in my Escape 19 is nearly perfect. Just big enough to be functional. Small enough, shaped, and located to never be in the way.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:25 AM   #27

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
We did bungees as well (store bought) and use velcro ties on the shower curtain - works well for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Medicine Cabinet PXL_20201228_201159892.jpg  
Old 08-05-2021, 09:10 AM   #28

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
.... As a side note people coming from Casitas unnecessarily delete the bathroom sink in the Escape thinking it is in the way like the one in their previous trailer. The bathroom sink in my Escape 19 is nearly perfect. Just big enough to be functional. Small enough, shaped, and located to never be in the way.
OR, some Casita owners decide to have their Escape bathroom sink deleted based on Casita experience PLUS pre-purchase eyes-and-hands-on examination of the particular Escape model they are buying.

Just saying that "unnecessarily delete" may be your opinion (and that's valid for you) but it's not a global truth - different folks may have their own perfectly valid different opinion based on their own careful duly-diligent evaluation and preferences.

Just as in the Escape community the Casita community is far from a homogenous population - IMO and respectfully it's unfortunate when one paints any group of RV owners with one broad stroke of a brush and posts that on any forum as an unqualified statement as if it were a global truth (that occurs a lot here). Acknowledgment that "YMMV" makes for a friendlier and ultimately more informative forum, IMO (YMMV!).

Off the "side note", back to topic ...