Remove sink from the bathroom - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-18-2023, 04:38 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Well that's good to hear. As I've said before, I wouldn't want to eat at someone's place if they were using the toilet and then coming out and touching the kitchen faucet.

Ron
Glad I didn't get this post confused with the "What's your favorite peanut butter" thread
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 05:18 PM   #22

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C -- 2018 GMC Canyon
no sink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRpod View Post
Glad I didn't get this post confused with the "What's your favorite peanut butter" thread
heavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 07:20 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I laugh too if I wasn't on a double dose of a powerful antibiotic to deal with a parasitic infection caused by food poisoning as a result of contact with.......

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 05:51 AM   #24

no sink

Quote:
I laugh too if I wasn't on a double dose of a powerful antibiotic to deal with a parasitic infection caused by food poisoning as a result of contact with.......
Ron
Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the recovery
Old 04-19-2023, 07:47 AM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:

Ron
Hope you have a speedy recovery, Ron. As a two-time survivor of amebic dysentery, I can empathize with what your are going through.

Having a sink in the bathroom in no way guarantees sanitary practices. The only thing you know for sure is that there is a sink in the bathroom. This is a behavior issue not an equipment issue. There are a number of things a person can do to mitigate the risk of not having a sink available in the wetbath. A pump bottle of hand sanitizer should be a mainstay on every RV kitchen counter. Of course, the individual would have to use the hand sanitizer just as they would have to wash their hands. It's behavior.

Take care.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 07:58 AM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
There are a lot of state, local, and federal health laws that deal with proper handwashing in the bathroom area, I'd leave the stock set up as to prevent any future issues.
Old 04-19-2023, 08:44 AM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
There are a lot of state, local, and federal health laws that deal with proper handwashing in the bathroom area, I'd leave the stock set up as to prevent any future issues.
That most often has to do with food service workers, like in restaurants. They typically must wash their hands outside of the restroom in full view of fellow workers at a specified sink. It's to ensure behavior. I can't imagine any law saying an RV must have a bathroom sink.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 08:52 AM   #28

no sink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Not planning to turn the camper into a taco cart anytime soon.

Don't worry, Ang will not let me hurt the baby.

Hope you're doing well Jim.
Old 04-19-2023, 09:22 AM   #29

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:

Ron
Hope you get well soon-

I try to eat where I can watch my meal being prepared, not necessarily just for food poisoning reasons.

I am without a bathroom sink, two steps away is my kitchen sink. I’m ok with it and I’m someone who was so happy one good thing that came from covid is it’s not so uncomfortable to not shake hands anymore. A fist bump will do…
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 09:32 AM   #30

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I use the sink all of the time, but could live without it too. It’s best use is to let us quickly add a little warm water to the bottom of the sink for boondocking showers. A quick wetting of hair, a little water in the sink for a wash, and then a rinse at the end makes for a very low water use, but full clean up shower.
Old 04-19-2023, 09:47 AM   #31

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
I use the sink all of the time, but could live without it too. It’s best use is to let us quickly add a little warm water to the bottom of the sink for boondocking showers. A quick wetting of hair, a little water in the sink for a wash, and then a rinse at the end makes for a very low water use, but full clean up shower.
For at least the first year I brought one of Terry's wash tubs in the wet bath with 1-2" of water for a navy shower. Sitting at the throne one day I realized why not fill the existing sink with water. By using only the hot control we got cold water for about 10 seconds and then just hot. After about 20 seconds the water was the perfect temperature.

Our Bigfoot shower stall is actually smaller than Escape's wet bath and no sink. I'd rather have Escape's wet bath.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 04-19-2023, 11:10 AM   #32

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
We should have a special category for the discussions on bathroom sink/no sink, frameless vs. framed windows, compost toilet vs. black tank!

In my 17B I would never be without a bathroom sink since that's just simply where you need one for hygiene reasons. It really doesn't use much room and is a great place to put your shampoo, etc. while showering as Donna says.

On the other hand I use the kitchen sink to wash my face since the hot water gets there first and I don't waste any water waiting for it.
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 11:34 AM   #33

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindy View Post

We should have a special category for the discussions on bathroom sink/no sink, frameless vs. framed windows, compost toilet vs. black tank!
Manual awning vrs. power awning, driving with propane on or off, the list goes on

All threads start out as special categories............

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 09:22 AM   #34

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21, 1977 Scamp 13
HeavyD,

Haven't been on for a long while, but saw your question. I removed the "sink" but kept the faucet in our 17b. I just built a small "counter" to mount the faucet. When we ordered our 21C, I had them delete the sink and sink drain, but had them run the water lines. I did the same and made a small counter out of cedar to mount the faucet and hide the water lines. It still allows you to operate the shower and have a faucet if you want to reach through the door and wash your hands. The sink they install is to small and the extra space in the shower is appreciated.
The 1st pic is from our 21C the 2nd is from our old 17b
Attached Thumbnails
20200612_100434a.jpg   Escape17ba.jpg  
tburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 09:42 AM   #35

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
That's a very attractive counter in your new trailer.
Old 08-21-2023, 05:42 AM   #36

sink delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburt View Post
HeavyD,

Haven't been on for a long while, but saw your question. I removed the "sink" but kept the faucet in our 17b. I just built a small "counter" to mount the faucet. When we ordered our 21C, I had them delete the sink and sink drain, but had them run the water lines. I did the same and made a small counter out of cedar to mount the faucet and hide the water lines. It still allows you to operate the shower and have a faucet if you want to reach through the door and wash your hands. The sink they install is to small and the extra space in the shower is appreciated.
The 1st pic is from our 21C the 2nd is from our old 17b
Hi tburt,

Thanks for the info & pics. Solution looks great! I'm still in the 'thought process' stage but really lke the way yours turned out.

Have a great day & keep on truckin

Darrell