Replace converter - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2021, 04:12 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Replace converter

As part of my electrical upgrades I installed the Wildcat version of the progressive dynamics converter. It was pretty easy and just looking at the product I was impressed with the build quality. I know it only has a single stage Lithium setting, but for the time being flooded is working for me. Even if I go to lithium next year it’s just not that hard to isolate the batteries after a decent charge while on shore power. I do want to share my use of wago connectors that eliminate wire nuts, see the attachment. I hate wire nuts and these are quick and secure. As I move the circuits to the subpanel next week I hope to eliminate most pigtailed circuits, but if not the wire nuts will be replaced. Best converter is the exclusive distributor of this kit that doesn’t require to change the dc board and includes the pendant for manual controlling the charge cycles, for instance a quick charge if you need to use a generator. My solar works pretty well though. Cheers. If someone is of need for a used wfco I’ll be glad to give it away for some one who would pay shipping. Pm me if you want it.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 04:14 PM   #2

Wago connectors

Here’s the wago pix
Attached Thumbnails
BA48783A-873B-4066-BB0F-DBFFBC1C4E4D.jpg  
Old 10-02-2021, 04:25 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
As part of my electrical upgrades I installed the Wildcat version of the progressive dynamics converter. It was pretty easy and just looking at the product I was impressed with the build quality. I know it only has a single stage Lithium setting, but for the time being flooded is working for me. Even if I go to lithium next year it’s just not that hard to isolate the batteries after a decent charge while on shore power. I do want to share my use of wago connectors that eliminate wire nuts, see the attachment. I hate wire nuts and these are quick and secure. As I move the circuits to the subpanel next week I hope to eliminate most pigtailed circuits, but if not the wire nuts will be replaced. Best converter is the exclusive distributor of this kit that doesn’t require to change the dc board and includes the pendant for manual controlling the charge cycles, for instance a quick charge if you need to use a generator. My solar works pretty well though. Cheers. If someone is of need for a used wfco I’ll be glad to give it away for some one who would pay shipping. Pm me if you want it.
2X on the WAGO connectors. I use them everywhere they will fit (larger than a typical crimp connector). Be sure you are purchasing actual WACO connectors. Since they can be reused, and allow combining of a wide range of wire sizes, much handier than crimp connectors.

There are a number of knock offs that do not perform as well.
Old 10-02-2021, 05:05 PM   #4

Thanks these are WAGOs for sure. I bought an assortment and then a box of 10 gauge ones for adding an external solars port. Had to buy way more than I needed. But oh well
Old 10-02-2021, 07:04 PM   #5

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
In the 'mixed blessing' that is the wiring in my August 2021 build 5.0 I was (pleasantly) surprised to find ETI using 'WAGO' connectors in a few locations. This a pic under the DS dinette bench ... a rather 'nasty' hank of zip-tied wires, but hey, buried in there are 3 blocks of multi-port WAGO connectors ILO something else (these are trailer 'exterior chassis lighting' circuits).

No, I've not found any wire nuts installed by ETI yet

(nor have I investigated close enough to try to determine if the 'WAGO' connectors are genuine or knock-offs)
Attached Thumbnails
WAD OF WIRES WITH WAGO.jpg  
Old 10-02-2021, 07:13 PM   #6

That’s new
In the wifco ac side is where there were wire nuts