Signal Boosters for 2017 5.0TA
We are considering installing a cell phone signal booster and a wi-fi signal booster in our 5th wheel. If we go this route, ideally, we would like ETI to install the equipment and antenna. In a perfect world, having ETI run the cable to the antenna while the RV is still in production would produce a clean result. Depending on the antenna placement, they may be able to use an existing vent pipe or drill and seal a hole in the RV better than I would be able to do so myself.
1. Where did you/would you mount the equipment inside the RV? We assume there should be some consideration in placement near other RV equipment to minimize interference.
2. Did you select DC or AC style equipment?
3. Where did you place the external antenna for each? Again, we assume there is some consideration needed for the distance between the external and internal antenna to optimize performance.
4. How was the external antenna mounted?
5. Other factors we should we consider in deciding to make this modification? We appreciate that there will be places when one or both of these devices may not pick up a strong enough signal to boost.