Snap Caps to match Monroe Steel (gray) fabric - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2020, 08:18 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Snap Caps to match Monroe Steel (gray) fabric

Our new E19 has Monroe Steel (gray) fabric and the caramel colored snap caps really stood out against the fabric. I ordered several colors of new snap caps and just wanted to let folks know that the "Silver Grey" color matches well. They cost 10 cents a piece with about $4 shipping and come in a few days. It's so simple to take an envelope opener or thin knife and pop off the brown cap and just push on the new gray ones. It looks so much nicer! Just wanted to save other folks the bother of guessing at what color matched. Now if I could just figure out what color matches the tweedy dividing wall next to the stove (maple finish model)!

The snap caps are from Pro-dec.com and are the 12/12 snap caps. They have 64 colors!
Attached Thumbnails
Snap caps replaced.jpg  
Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:56 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Yep, never figured out why they never matched the cap colors to the different Formica’s and materials. First mod I did was swap the caps from tan to black on our dark Formica. One of those little attention to detail things that has slipped through over the years.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 02:15 AM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Yep, never figured out why they never matched the cap colors to the different Formica’s and materials. First mod I did was swap the caps from tan to black on our dark Formica. One of those little attention to detail things that has slipped through over the years.

The caps matched until they allowed customers to choose whatever finishes they wanted. I think it unreasonable to expect ETI to carry an inventory of caps to match the whims of customers.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:33 AM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Snap caps can also be popped off by wrapping a length of dental floss completely around it s as Nd then giving the floss a tug. It sometimes slips and requires a second attempt but is preferable on easily damaged surfaces.
Old 04-26-2020, 11:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
The caps matched until they allowed customers to choose whatever finishes they wanted. I think it unreasonable to expect ETI to carry an inventory of caps to match the whims of customers.
I don’t think it’s unreasonable at all. If you are going to allow custom, then you do it professionally. If ur not willing to do a complete job, then don’t offer custom.
Jim Bennett is a craftsman and if he was hired to do a custom kitchen for you, he would not put in mismatched finish trims. We’ve all seen his work and the attention to detail is obvious.
I assumed the upcharges for custom finishes would also include the $5 for matching trim pieces and materials. It didn’t, and we got tan trim with black/grey Formica. A small thing but a big statement.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:40 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
I don’t think it’s unreasonable at all. If you are going to allow custom, then you do it professionally. If ur not willing to do a complete job, then don’t offer custom.
Jim Bennett is a craftsman and if he was hired to do a custom kitchen for you, he would not put in mismatched finish trims. We’ve all seen his work and the attention to detail is obvious.
I assumed the upcharges for custom finishes would also include the $5 for matching trim pieces and materials. It didn’t, and we got tan trim with black/grey Formica. A small thing but a big statement.
First, I tend to agree that certain things are not unreasonable. However, if one is going to ask ETI to do custom work, then they require you to supply the materials (fabric) or in the case of Formica, the number (and there is an up charge for either). Back in 2015 customers were supplying Horst probes for their builds in such numbers that I believe resulted in Reace making Horst the standard probe (at least I thought I was told they are now standard). Same thing before they stopped installing custom sized kitchen sinks. I would be more inclined to think lack of snap cap color option is just something nobody at ETI ever considered. It is likely if you asked when doing a build sheet, they would try to accommodate you, but might ask that you provide caps of the desired color. However, there would likely also be an up charge which would be more expensive than replacing them yourself, post delivery.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:34 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I seem to recall a forum member who replaced their beige caps with multi colours, or purple.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:47 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I replaced mine with grayish ones...i ended up ordering enough in two colors because I couldn't tell which was best. I used the less desirable ones for the undersides of valances etc. It didn't bother me at all to do it myself and certainly wasn't expensive.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:36 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
IMHO, changing snap covers is like switching LED bulbs, not necessarily custom but more personal preferences. To some no big deal, to others it is important. Unless requested, change it yourself.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:51 AM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
I too, changed mine to black. My countertop edging is black and the outside graphics are black. I ended up having to order a second time because there were more caps than I had realized.
James Gang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:45 AM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
I just took mine off, spray-painted them black, and put them back on. No big deal.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 12:45 PM   #12

I still need to locate the black welt to get rid of the tan when I do my backsplash project, then it will all match correctly.