Some Other Pedestal Advice - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-15-2018, 03:33 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Oh, there it went!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:17 PM   #22

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I spoke with Christie at Lagun USA this afternoon and she confirmed that 30x40 is the max size of tabletop for that support. She also said that with that size table, the under the tabletop mount piece should be pretty much exactly in the middle so the force of things on the table is evenly distributed. I'm still deciding between the Springfield and the Lagun. If I use the Lagun I'll need to have ETI cut a filler board (@9inches) and that'll add to my charges both for the cut and for the change in build sheet.

I am making a pro and con list for each and will post it in the next couple of days. I hope others will chime in for things I may have missed.

If someone with either type has easy access, it would be nice to know:
A) the distance from the floor to the top edge of the tabletop in max extension for each, presuming the Lagun is mounted just below the rail for the bed support.
B) the distance from the top of the seat cushion to the top of the table in max extension and
C) with the Springfield, the horizontal distance from the aisle edge of the seat cushion to the closest edge of the table when the table is slid all the way in the opposite direction. (Trying to get at how much room there is for bench access. )
Old 01-15-2018, 08:21 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Have Home Depot or Lowe’s cut your filler board. All you pay for is the wood, cut is free.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:48 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 19 Escape
I’ll admit these pedestal tables look very nice,but on my trip to Alaska and back, over some rather bumpy roads, I never had a problem with my stock table. And I like how I can adjust it to one side or the other. I’ll see what happens as I add more miles and a few bumps, but for the time being I’m sticking with the stock set up.
Moaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:16 PM   #25

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moaboy View Post
I’ll admit these pedestal tables look very nice,but on my trip to Alaska and back, over some rather bumpy roads, I never had a problem with my stock table. And I like how I can adjust it to one side or the other. I’ll see what happens as I add more miles and a few bumps, but for the time being I’m sticking with the stock set up.
We can still adjust our Springfield pedestal. The factory assembly that allows side to side movement will attach to the Springfield. And now we can also adjust up and down. Plus quickly drop the table or raise it when we want to.
It's nice to have choices, that way we all get a setup that we like.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:21 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Have Home Depot or Lowe’s cut your filler board. All you pay for is the wood, cut is free.
Did the Gen2 dinettes become square vs. being a trapezoid? If not I doubt they will cut a board even with lines drawn from tracing it from the table which is how I did a second board.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:32 PM   #27

Trailer: 2018 17A
For our 17A, we asked ETI to install a "hinged table" (their words). It has a folding leg and swings down to the bed position. We have a similar setup in our old Cardinal, and like it because of the improved foot space. Are there any experienced out there with this table?
noblets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:55 PM   #28
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblets View Post
For our 17A, we asked ETI to install a "hinged table" (their words). It has a folding leg and swings down to the bed position. We have a similar setup in our old Cardinal, and like it because of the improved foot space. Are there any experienced out there with this table?
No, other than to say this is the same table configuration I have in my 30 year old Scamp and I like it a lot.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:06 PM   #29

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Our 17B came with a hinged table and a standard pedestal table. The hinged table was *much* easier to raise and lower. We have a Springfield in our 19 now, and it’s even easier to use. If we didn’t have the Springfield, the hinged arrangement would be an ok second choice, but I thought they weren’t doing these any more? Last year their production manager told me that the hinged tabletop has to be made from a heavier and stronger material and they wanted to do away with it in order to streamline production by avoiding having two sets of table materials. Things change regularly with ETI, generally as improvements for us consumers, so no way to say whether the hinges are truly dead or not without asking ETI directly.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:39 PM   #30

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Does the hinged table slide side to side? If it doesn’t I don’t think I could squeeze in past the bathroom on the driver side of the 19.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:00 AM   #31

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
On our 17 the hinged table did not slide. I don’t know about on the 19, but you’re right, the driver side would be tight!
Old 01-16-2018, 01:38 AM   #32

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblets View Post
We have that in our 38-year-old Boler, and it works fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Does the hinged table slide side to side?
Typically these tables can't slide because the wall end of the table locks into sockets (to keep it from folding unintentionally) and that locking hardware doesn't allow sliding.

This is what Scamp uses: Table Hardware (You can buy most of the trailer, other than fiberglass and wood components, from their parts store )
The sockets which mount on the wall are toward the left side.

One could mount the hinged table hardware to a frame, then mount the table top to the frame with slides... but I have not heard of Escape doing that.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:06 AM   #33

Trailer: 2017 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
We can still adjust our Springfield pedestal. The factory assembly that allows side to side movement will attach to the Springfield. And now we can also adjust up and down. Plus quickly drop the table or raise it when we want to.
It's nice to have choices, that way we all get a setup that we like.
Does the Springfield pedestal allow for raising the table higher than the stock height?
And yes, choices are nice.
Moaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:39 AM   #34
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moaboy View Post
Does the Springfield pedestal allow for raising the table higher than the stock height?
And yes, choices are nice.
No. The stock pole height is basically the same as the Springfield at it's highest point.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:00 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Did the Gen2 dinettes become square vs. being a trapezoid? If not I doubt they will cut a board even with lines drawn from tracing it from the table which is how I did a second board.
Ross,
Filler board is just a square cut of ply about 10” wide and whatever span. Should be no issue getting them to cut one from the small piece ply bin.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:09 AM   #36

Greg, in my 21 the rails the board sits on is narrower at the back of dinette and gradually widens towards the front so a square cut doesn't cut it
Old 01-16-2018, 10:17 AM   #37
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Greg, in my 21 the rails the board sits on is narrower at the back of dinette and gradually widens towards the front so a square cut doesn't cut it
It's the same on my 19. The rails are about half an inch further apart in the front than they are toward the back of the dinette. I'm wondering if the flat sides mean the table rails are now square?
Old 01-16-2018, 10:31 AM   #38

I don’t have the trailer here at the moment, but the filler board appears to be a square cut. Maybe we’re confusing a table vs a filler board. Filler board is just a small piece and not a table.
Of course, if you are gong to do a Lagun, ETI will still give you the stock table and hardware and not install it, so you really shouldn’t need to be making anything addl.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:37 AM   #39

Hmm....if the table is angled or tapered from front to rear(which it is), then why do you suppose the filler boards would be any different(they aren't).
Old 01-17-2018, 07:03 PM   #40

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
This is post 1 of 3 on three alternate pedestal systems. 1) Springfield 2) Lagun 3)Sequoia

If there is anyone who has things to add to this information, please let me know and I will edit and put a new date at the beginning of the post.

SPRINGFIELD # 1660230
Cost @ $300 - $400, some discounts/coupons available
This is a three stage pedestal.

Pro
Uses a single post (stock ETI is two for a large table)
One mount @12 inches diameter floor footprint
Easy up and down from 12 3/4, 20, 28"
Nothing to store or remove
ETI will install at orientation
Still works with ETI slide

Con:
Not easily removable
May obstruct bench access