Some Other Pedestal Advice - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2018, 07:12 PM   #41

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Lagun Table Leg
Cost. @ $170-$230

Pros
Nothing on the floor
Depending on escape model and mounting location, could be a counter extension
Easy to adjust up and down
Easy to assemble and remove
Table can swivel and rotate
With purchase of another table mount piece, could be used with a smaller table for bedside table/desk
With another mounting bracket, could be used in another location (outside or in)

Cons
Max table size 30x40 inches
If Table is max size, table mount must be in the center
Requires bench reinforcement
ETI will not install
Leaning on an edge could unbalance table
Old 01-17-2018, 07:18 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017 19 Escape
Can u explain further why u say may obstruct bench access?

Con:
Not easily removable
May obstruct bench access
Moaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:18 PM   #43

#3 Sequoia
@ $57 each set

Pro:
Bases are only 1/2 inches tall

Con:
Requires 2 sets (like ETI table)
Less stable
To make into bed, must dismantle system and store posts
Old 01-17-2018, 07:29 PM   #44

Moaboy, Depending on the width of the table/aisle and the distance the slide travels, I am not sure if it would obstruct. There have been comments that it's harder to work on doing something INSIDE the bench, because the table doesn't easily come apart.

I asked (in Post #22 in this thread) if someone could provide some measurements that might help determine the space available. I'll add that information to the post on the Springfield if it becomes available.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:34 AM   #45

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Don't have a measurement for you on the Springfield, it'll be different depending on your slide. Mine's front to back, others are side to side, others use the Legune slide.

The difficulty when encountered is getting access to the inside of the back bench seat. Mine has electronics spread the width of the trailer. If or when one needs to work on something the table and leg get in the way, any permanent setup would be the same. Doesn't mean you can't get to it, just that you are working around the leg and either over and under the table top, or you remove the top with 4 bolts/screws and only deal with the leg.

When I had the original legs and top, I'd remove them to check the batteries or work on something, access to the whole dinette area was unimpeded.

One needs access to the area only occasionally, to me it's a relatively small price to pay to get a wobble free table. YMMV
Old 01-18-2018, 10:34 AM   #46

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
I really like the look and utility of the Lagun table, as I think we would occasionally like to remove the table completely, but we will also be using the dinette as a bed every night for the kids, which brings me to my question: is the Lagun sturdy enough (given the proper reinforcement) to withstand use by two boys (7 and 3)? we wouldn't be letting them run wild in the camper, but the little one is quick... If it matters, I'm talking about a 21' with U-shaped dinette.

As it stands, we have requested that the table legs and mounts not be installed so we can do our own installation once we have possession.
Mpresco2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:53 AM   #47

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... The only thing I know for sure is... don't put your wife on the pedestals due to table totter. I don't think there is a one fix cures all when the table has to do "Double duty". This winter might be the time to do a pedestal swap for a couple of Sequoia's. Might not be less "Table totter" but easier to put up/take down and no cones on the floor. We'll see how it goes!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:21 AM   #48

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpresco2002 View Post
I really like the look and utility of the Lagun table, as I think we would occasionally like to remove the table completely, but we will also be using the dinette as a bed every night for the kids, which brings me to my question: is the Lagun sturdy enough (given the proper reinforcement) to withstand use by two boys (7 and 3)? we wouldn't be letting them run wild in the camper, but the little one is quick... If it matters, I'm talking about a 21' with U-shaped dinette.

As it stands, we have requested that the table legs and mounts not be installed so we can do our own installation once we have possession.
Good idea to not have the stock mounts installed- that way you won't have holes in the vinyl floor you wish you didn't have. Not sure what you mean about "withstanding use by two boys"- if as a bed then of course the Lagun is not in use and the table is supported by rails attached to the dinette bench. The larger issue is the overall suitability for your family of four. With the U dinette the boys will always have to scoot all the way down and then around the corner to be seated. And it will be them as it is just to darn small for adults to be very comfortable except for occasionally. The standard dinette will give you both a larger table and larger side benches that will give you flexibility for seating positions. Have had both dinettes in two different Escape trailers; if you haven't had a chance to see them both for yourself you really should. I realize that the Lagun won't work with the larger table, however I would advise looking more at functionality. There will be a lot of shifting of things no matter what with even just two people never mind four so the less work the better.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:50 AM   #49

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I spoke with Christie at Lagun USA this afternoon and she confirmed that 30x40 is the max size of tabletop for that support. She also said that with that size table, the under the tabletop mount piece should be pretty much exactly in the middle so the force of things on the table is evenly distributed. I'm still deciding between the Springfield and the Lagun. If I use the Lagun I'll need to have ETI cut a filler board (@9inches) and that'll add to my charges both for the cut and for the change in build sheet.

I am making a pro and con list for each and will post it in the next couple of days. I hope others will chime in for things I may have missed.

If someone with either type has easy access, it would be nice to know:

My table is 34 1/2" wide by 29 1/4" deep (with the standard corner 45° cuts)
A) the distance from the floor to the top edge of the tabletop in max extension for each, presuming the Lagun is mounted just below the rail for the bed support.

29 3/4" from the floor to the top edge of the table with the Springfield at full extension. 29" to the bottom - you lose an additional 1 1/2" in the center area for the slide & the pedestal top.

B) the distance from the top of the seat cushion to the top of the table in max extension and
10"
C) with the Springfield, the horizontal distance from the aisle edge of the seat cushion to the closest edge of the table when the table is slid all the way in the opposite direction.

27 1/4" from passenger side cushion to table edge
27 3/4" from driver's side cushion to table edge
16" from rear cushion to rear table edge
The pedestal center is 14" from the rear seat face

(Trying to get at how much room there is for bench access. )
Hope this helps...
Old 01-18-2018, 12:12 PM   #50

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i think it really depends on how you want to use your table it you want to remove it say for An open floor lounge area then the Springfield doesn't work. If you don't care about removing the table and want to easily lower your table to make a bed or big lounging area then the Springfield works great very easy to adjust. i sometimes lower it to bed level put out the cushions to lounge and drink coffee read a book or watch a movie when weather is less then optimal for outdoor lounging. It is also a very stable table I have the factory slide and the table rotates east to make room to slide into a seat.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote