"The Trailer" - Likes, Loves and Dislikes - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-23-2017, 01:12 AM   #21

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Misc stuff, part 1

Here's some photos of things I like or love in the trailer that don't really fit the other categories.

We got the extended cabinet above the drawer unit where the furnace is (at the foot of the bed). Well worth the extra cost, we felt. I asked them (okay, also paid for it!) to put in shelves and didn't specify exact height - just more or less equal distance between 'em. Lucked out that this shelf is the exact height for the laundry basket. Whew! Didn't plan that one out ahead of time, but yeah - buy a lotto ticket!

Another drawer topper! I love how you get one and it fits in either set of drawers. (This set of drawers is wider than the kitchen ones.) Trust me - get these. You won't regret it.

I'm sorry that ETI decided not to include this top cupboard any longer in their trailers. As you can see I've wadded mine full and I use it all the time. Hinges were bought off ebay from a link supplied by another owner. Otherwise the door doesn't stay open. Kind of bitch to put on (according to all the swearing Dirk was doing), but it's great now that it's on.

Next up is what's normally the microwave cabinet. As you can see there's lots of room in there. Room for wads and wads of cat themed towels. Yeah, I go through a lot of 'em each trip. I also have room behind them for my purse and tote bag when I'm in the trailer and not driving.

Extra countertop was inserted in the frig and freezer doors. Definitely in the LOVE category. So thrilled that ETI gives you the extra. Just pop off the black edge bits and slide out the old and put in the new. Blue thingies keep it open when the frig/freezer isn't in use.

I think it was CPAHarley that mentioned this Frig Guard and I read it when I first joined the forum. In the LOVE category. Keeps stuff from falling out when you open it after driving all over heck and gone. Kind of a pain to pull stuff out, so maybe I need a "really like" category.

RV Fridge Guard

Medicine cabinet dividers from RV Widgets. Really like 'em. However, be aware that door can open on really rough roads. I was shocked to find all that stuff all over the bathroom floor when I pulled over after driving a really rough road by Mt Rainier. And of course I was desperate to pee! Yeah, kind of tricky moments ensued. I plan to add some sort of strap or some such at some point. Need to ponder that a bit before I fiddle with it.

In another thread I posted about this bathroom fan coming open twice while traveling. It was decided by those far more knowledgeable than me that it's due to something with the wind flow or some such. Dirk understood it. I went "yeah, whatever". A simple solution was to shove a washcloth up there. It now stays in place. Thanks to whomever that said that (one of the Brians/Bryans, I thnk). BTW, this only seems to happen to the fan in the 21. Hey, it works. And it's white, so it kind of blends in.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05328.jpg   DSC05329.jpg   DSC05330.jpg   DSC05335.jpg   DSC05358.jpg  

DSC05359.jpg   DSC05363.jpg   DSC05364.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:26 AM   #22

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Misc stuff, part 2

Guess which category this coat rack is in? Yep, LOVE! It fits nicely over the bathroom door and I can hang up towels or coats or whatever that need drying. I do take it off when I shower as I don't want to poke an eye out or rip the shower curtain.

Got it from Amazon, but it wasn't available when I wanted another one, which is why I got that goofy white cat one for the kitchen. Yep, not even listed as "unavailable". BUMMER!

Key holder which is on the wall at the foot of the bed. I need to add another one (that looks different) to hang my sunglasses cases from. That's for another post though. Gotta install it. I've discovered that if the trailer doesn't have the things under the trailer extended (I'm too tired to remember what they're called right now) the keys swing around, make annoying noises and bug me, so I might put some fabric or felt below the hooks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and the other one I need to install:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last up (for now) is the shoe box I got from RV Widgets. I just LOVE it. It's great having my shoes out of the way so I don't trip over those size 11s all the time. I love that I can sit on the edge of the bed and put them away or pull them out. Very easy to pull the box out. Charlie put a little lip on the edge of the tray so the box stays in place while traveling. I don't remember what it cost, but it was well worth it.

I think you can see a bit of the overhang in the bed in the photos of the shoe box.

Okay gang, that's it for now. Thanks for reading through my long posts on what all I've done with The Trailer to make it more user friendly for us and for us to have fun in. Dirk knows he will at some point (end of July). I know I have, with over 5000 miles (so far) in it.

I have plans for more user friendly stuff in there and will update as I do so.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05370.jpg   DSC05372.jpg   DSC05408.jpg   DSC05409.jpg  
Old 06-23-2017, 06:27 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Nice decorating, 4 questions....your mattress is not stock? Mine was just at the angle by the foot of the bed? Have you had your trailer weighed now that it is stocked? Any changes to storage under the bed or front box, where do you carry your levelers and orange tire boot?
Are you liking the frameless awning windows now, you originally did not like them.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:21 AM   #24

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Medicine cabinet dividers from RV Widgets. Really like 'em. However, be aware that door can open on really rough roads. I was shocked to find all that stuff all over the bathroom floor when I pulled over after driving a really rough road by Mt Rainier. And of course I was desperate to pee! Yeah, kind of tricky moments ensued. I plan to add some sort of strap or some such at some point. Need to ponder that a bit before I fiddle with it.
Glad you are having fun with the trailer. When I retrofitted a medicine cabinet in the 19 you will see that I added extra magnets to hold the door. If the backside of your door is metal this may be an option. If it is not metal you could consider using glue to adhere the magnetic strips to the door. Also I drilled tiny holes into the cabinet sides, bent the ends straighter on small bungee cords and put them across to contain the larger items even if the door opens. Might be an option for you.

www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8/bathroom-medicine-cabinet-retrofit-9784-6.html#post190247

www.lowes.com/pd/Sugatsune-White-Magnetic-Cabinet/4713099
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:59 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Nice decorating, 4 questions....your mattress is not stock? Mine was just at the angle by the foot of the bed? Have you had your trailer weighed now that it is stocked? Any changes to storage under the bed or front box, where do you carry your levelers and orange tire boot?
Are you liking the frameless awning windows now, you originally did not like them.
I said the mattress is from Select Comfort/Sleep by Number. Those aren't stock. They're not cut off on one end like the stock mattress from ETI. I knew I'd never be able to sleep on theirs. So, guess that's in the Dislike category.

Yes, it's been weighed. Did that as part of my RV Driving School lessons. Dirk said the numbers are just fine.

The levelers and Nemesis are carried in the bed of the truck. They come with their own tote/storage bags.

I don't believe I said I didn't like the frameless windows. I was concerned about airflow, but I'm not any longer. I always liked that look, as does Dirk. I knew about 'em way before ETI announced it and we were really looking forward to them.

One of my projects is to rearrange the stuff in the front storage box. It's not quite 100% efficient right now.

Didn't change anything under the bed, other than having ETI add in the door by the bathroom and adding the shoe box by RV Widgets.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:02 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Glad you are having fun with the trailer. When I retrofitted a medicine cabinet in the 19 you will see that I added extra magnets to hold the door. If the backside of your door is metal this may be an option. If it is not metal you could consider using glue to adhere the magnetic strips to the door. Also I drilled tiny holes into the cabinet sides, bent the ends straighter on small bungee cords and put them across to contain the larger items even if the door opens. Might be an option for you.
I didn't read your thread too closely or all the way through since I already have one in the trailer.

So, thanks for the comment above on the magnets. I never thought that door would open as you really have to yank on it when you open it by hand. I'm pretty sure I had it closed all the way, but hard to tell at this time.

I also need to add a strap to at least one of the cabinets next to the frig. Another upcoming project.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:53 AM   #27

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Laura,
Love how you personalized everything! We love color too, feel a need to be surrounded by it, and will be adding lots of color to our trailer. A question: (Probably a silly one, but we don't have our trailer yet... We pick ours up in
56 days) But who's counting ? :-)
A lot of people, including you, mention using their bathroom sink mainly just for storage...
Is there some reason that it's not used all the time for brushing teeth, washing your face and hands?
Do you have any to remove the shower hose in order to have water come out the faucet?
Old 06-23-2017, 11:05 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrgtic4 View Post
Laura,
Love how you personalized everything! We love color too, feel a need to be surrounded by it, and will be adding lots of color to our trailer. A question: (Probably a silly one, but we don't have our trailer yet... We pick ours up in
A lot of people, including you, mention using their bathroom sink mainly just for storage...
Is there some reason that it's not used all the time for brushing teeth, washing your face and hands?
Do you have any to remove the shower hose in order to have water come out the faucet?
The shower remains attached, there is a knob on the sink that is pulled to activate the shower and pushed in to use the sink, similar to many bathtub/showers in residential use.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:10 AM   #29

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Someone might want to clarify for those not ordering the 21 but I thought that the sink was mandatory for that model only due to the configuration/wall of the bathroom. Please chip in here...

I think the reason some don't want the sink is that fact that is is very small and, for some, may impede movement in the bathroom.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:26 AM   #30

I think you are correct, Karen
Old 06-23-2017, 11:27 AM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Thanks for the answer. :-) I thought it perhaps worked like that. We plan on using the sink :-)
Old 06-23-2017, 12:42 PM   #32

Trailer: pondering.....
Laura...do you ever get the feeling cats are watching you in that trailer.....
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:31 PM   #33

Answers to above questions

I find the sink to be way too small to be of any use for me in terms of washing my hands and face. With my tendonitis I prefer to use the lever type faucet which I can operate with my wrist, if need be (which is on our kitchen faucet). Unfortunately, ETI was not able to install that type for me. Or at least the one I got when I was told we were able to leave the sink off (wall mount for just shower use). They might have been able to install a regular lever type faucet; it was too late in the build process to find out and get a replacement faucet from their stock one.

To clarify - we didn't want the sink. ETI said that was okay, but discovered very late in the build process that the sink was needed due to the plumbing and where it was located. You can leave the sink out in the other size trailers. It was just the 21 that was affected by that. I told Reace to go ahead with their standard faucet as there wasn't any way I could get a different style to them in time (even being 3 hours away).

When I take a shower I turn the two knobs until I get the desired temperature. Pull up on the other knob thingie (which is hard to reach for me as it's such a tight space) and then water comes out of the showerhead. I turn the water off at the shower head when I'm shampooing and all that. And flip that lever/slide thingie again when I was water in the showerhead.

Nope, don't feel like the cats in the trailer are watching me.

(Wait till you see the next blankets I'm making! Single layers with very realistic looking kitties on them. I might change my comment after using those blankets!)

I'm used to it. Plus, the ones in the trailer don't yell at you when they think they're starving to death cuz they can see the bottom of the food bowl. Or leave stinky presents for you in the litter box.

Above comments not withstanding, I find being around cats to be calming and relaxing. Since Spike most likely will not be traveling with me, this is the next best thing.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:36 PM   #34

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Laura,
I've got the sink and use it all the time. Others have even mentioned that if you don't have the sink, then you need to use the kitchen sink for washing hands - the same one used for washing dishes. I'm not "large," but can't imagine it getting in my way as it is in the corner and over the wheel well.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:40 PM   #35
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
With my tendonitis I prefer to use the lever type faucet which I can operate with my wrist, if need be (which is on our kitchen faucet). Unfortunately, ETI was not able to install that type for me.
Laura, It won't match the sink, but Phoenix Faucet does make a bronze colored 4" lever handled faucet that is a direct replacement for the one you have, and it has the diverter so you can use the shower. They're very easy to replace in about 5 minutes. Unfortunately, Phoenix doesn't make a white one with lever handles.

Rubbed Bronze Two Handle Bathroom Diverter Faucet
Attached Thumbnails
5374e979eed97.jpg  
Old 06-23-2017, 03:44 PM   #36

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Sharp eyes will note I did not put the fringe along the top of the blankets. When I used the blanket Debbie made me it tickled my nose and made it hard to sleep. For the ones I made, I just folded over the edge and did a straight stitch (for those wondering).

This next blanket is super long as it was the end of the bolt and I decided to take it all. Well, at least for one layer (it was the end of the bolt) and I was okay with it being longer. I triple weaved this one as well.

Next blanket is the one Debbie made that got it all started. All of the other kitty fabrics came from JoAnn's, but this one she got from a fabric store going out of business. Lucky me! It was also one of the first things to go into The Trailer when I hauled it home. In fact, it went up to Canada with me as I knew I'd be taking a nap on the way home. It's an International Traveler!

The next blanket is a single layer as there's times I won't want a thick blanket on me, but need a bit more than just a sheet. Edge is rolled twice and then double stitched.

Yep, not a cat! Zebras in fact. I made this for the house, but I knew Pat and Linda would want to see it, so here it is. Goofy fun, isn't it?
Hi Laura , Linda and I just went through your threads and it was a lot of fun looking at your personalization of your trailer . Still waiting for the pictures of the mover Laura ��
Ok this is going to be a first be gental on her . Here goes Pat Hi Laura ,Anyway love your Cat theme. Those towels with the cat faces omg. beautiful!! I'm not a cat person but those are great. Love the washcloths I too hate water in my face and always have to have my washcloths. Love your choice of blinds. Love the blue. Love the counter and floors,wow. I'm going to see if I can find some cute doggie fleece so I can make some pillow covers for my little munchkins. Have 3 Shih tzu dogs they are quite a handful at times,but love them in spite.Thank you for sharing all your photos can't wait to see in person some day. Linda
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 03:54 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hi Laura , Linda and I just went through your threads and it was a lot of fun looking at your personalization of your trailer . Still waiting for the pictures of the mover Laura ��
Ok this is going to be a first be gentle on her . Here goes Pat Hi Laura ,Anyway love your Cat theme. Those towels with the cat faces omg. beautiful!! I'm not a cat person but those are great. Love the washcloths I too hate water in my face and always have to have my washcloths. Love your choice of blinds. Love the blue. Love the counter and floors,wow. I'm going to see if I can find some cute doggie fleece so I can make some pillow covers for my little munchkins. Have 3 Shih tzu dogs they are quite a handful at times,but love them in spite.Thank you for sharing all your photos can't wait to see in person some day. Linda
Thanks Pat. One of these years I'll get a video or photo of the Camper Trolley (not the one from Purple Line that I mistakenly said in my posts; too tired when I typed that).

Wow, I'm honored! A first time forum post from Linda!!

Watch it Pat, she might get addicted and take over your account.

And I might never get you out of my trailer when we finally meet up. That goes for both of you! Doggies can be left in your trailer.

Look at JoAnns as they have lots of dog themed fabric. And some fleece if you want to go that route.

Yeah, those cat face towels are stunning in person. Someone I know really wants them so I pretty much have to frisk her whenever she sees those towels.

Thanks for both of your kind remarks.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:45 PM   #38

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Wow, Laura, amazing decor. I must say I believe you've built a mobile Cat House.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:33 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Wow, Laura, amazing decor. I must say I believe you've built a mobile Cat House.
I've been waiting for someone to say that. Least you said it nicely.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:43 PM   #40

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
I've been waiting for someone to say that. Least you said it nicely.
Hey Laura it's Ok if she takes over . She will get into less trouble then I do . Anyway the towels that had the dark background with the Cat eye's , you may have to frisk us as we leave . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote