"The Trailer" - Likes, Loves and Dislikes - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-02-2017, 06:30 PM   #61

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Cat essentials

Hi Laura,
Thanks for the great thread. Vicky and I read it together. It gave us some great ideas of what we can do with our to-be-hatched egg.

We used to camp with our cat everywhere, but as they do, he died at a ripe old age. We are debating getting another one, but are unsure where to keep the cat essentials. Where do you keep your cat litter box? How about the cat dishes?
Old 07-02-2017, 11:22 PM   #62

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
Hi Laura,
Thanks for the great thread. Vicky and I read it together. It gave us some great ideas of what we can do with our to-be-hatched egg.

We used to camp with our cat everywhere, but as they do, he died at a ripe old age. We are debating getting another one, but are unsure where to keep the cat essentials. Where do you keep your cat litter box? How about the cat dishes?
Thanks! And you're welcome.

I've not traveled in this trailer with a cat. I took Lucy out there for a few nights when I camped at home to test it out. She was crippled and needed steps to get anywhere as she couldn't jump. Boy, did those take up a lot of room in the trailer! And let's just say putting the bowls out on the floor didn't work as I kicked them a few times and had to pick up lots of dry food. Oh joy.

I don't know if I'll travel with Spike. I plan to try him out in the trailer at home and see how he does. I did one night already and he did okay.

For the food bowls I plan to put them in a bigger holder instead of putting them on the floor by themselves. I don't remember what it's called. And it's going on the raised dinette floor where I'll be less prone to kicking it.

Litter box will go on the bathroom floor. Lots easier to clean if they miss the box when peeing. Showerhead is nearby!

Spike does like to use a cardboard box for scratching so I'd get a narrow one that sits on the floor. He currently uses a wider one, but if he travels with me/us in the trailer, it'll be narrower.

Main thing is that I'm super worried about Spike dashing out the door. I'd never get him back and nobody would be able to catch him. He was a feral kitty and it took a year before I was able to touch him, never mind snagging him to bring him in. If I travel with him, it would be a situation where I'm not going in and out of the trailer very much.

Good luck with your kitty decision! I can't imagine life without a kitty. Fortunately Dirk is a very good kitty caregiver for when I'm gone.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:39 PM   #63

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
More kitty graphics!

Okay, got them all on. Finally remembered to upload them to this thread. We both like how they look.

(I'm strongly resisting getting more to fill in some of the empty spaces. Dirk knows how I detest empty, white spaces, so we'll see how long I resist.)

The attached photos show the kitty graphics like you'd see them if you were walking around the trailer. Ignore the fence at one end (it's not ours). And the grass that's rather long (it's been weed whacked since I applied the graphics).

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05415.jpg   DSC05416.jpg   DSC05417.jpg   DSC05418.jpg   DSC05419.jpg  

DSC05420.jpg   DSC05421.jpg   DSC05422.jpg  
Old 07-02-2017, 11:42 PM   #64

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
You need a Kitty TIRE COVER! It is screaming out, please please make me a kitty too.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:44 PM   #65

Another kitty graphics photo

Of the front end of the trailer. I'm really looking forward to pulling the trailer and seeing the smaller kitties in my rear view mirror.

I eventually plan to put the business name on the back of the trailer so a passenger in a vehicle behind me can Google it and find out more.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05423.jpg  
Old 07-02-2017, 11:46 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
You need a Kitty TIRE COVER! It is screaming out, please please make me a kitty too.
I've looked at the ones that are currently available and I don't like any of them. I want a domestic kitty, not a big cat (like tigers and the like). And there's not a lot with them out there that aren't too cutesy for me.

I'm strongly considering getting one custom made but need to figure out which cat I would put on there. And which photo to use. And that's gonna take a lot of time to ponder.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:53 PM   #67

Keys don't like me

Keys and I have never had a good relationship over the years. The keys always want to muck me up and refuse to cooperate. It will take me multiple tries to get the stupid key in a lock. I'll flip the key over multiple times even if there's only one way it goes in. Yeah, you'd think it would work for me the first or second time, but, nope, it doesn't.

Drives me nuts. I've given up trying to figure it out.

So, to cut down on the aggravation, I applied some nail polish on the locks. For the storage side bins I put the polish on the top of the lock and on the top of the key, so I'll know which way the key goes. Polish dab to polish dab, sort of idea. It won't guarantee the key will go in right away but at least I won't have to flip it around multiple times.

The deadbolt lock drives me nuts as I can never remember which way is locked. Bit of nail polish now tells me that.

I do have the regular door lock figured out, but I did put some polish on for Dirk's sake since he hasn't used it very much. Dab of polish tells me/him which way the key needs to turn so it's locked.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05425.jpg   DSC05426.jpg  
Old 07-02-2017, 11:59 PM   #68

More fleece blankets!

Single layer this time around. They worked great when I slept out there last week to see how Spike handled it. Nice and light blankets and long enough.

Note the different sheets. Cotton for the summer. Lovely blue with white kitties. Love 'em! Got 'em from Plow & Hearth.

King Catnap Cat Print Cotton Percale Sheet Set | Collection Accessories

The sheets and the blankets are in the LOVE category.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05429.jpg   DSC05430.jpg  
Old 07-03-2017, 12:04 AM   #69

Bypassing the EMS

When I needed to use the Honda generators to run the a/c awhile back I thought I had it all figured out, but I didn't. Called Pat (of PatandLinda) and she walked me through what I needed to do. She suggested I label this switch so I can remember it for next time.

That's what I did! It's large enough that I should (operative word being "should") see it and remember what the heck I'm supposed to do next time around. And to flip it back when I'm not running the generators.

(Please don't ask me what EMS stands for. Drawing a blank right now. I just know I needed to bypass it.)

Yeah, I need signs like this to remind me of things like this.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05431.jpg  
Old 07-03-2017, 12:08 AM   #70

Magnet door holder

On another thread started by Bobbie54 and further commented on by Wetzk with photos of their magnet door holders, I added this photo. Decided I'd add it here, in case anyone missed that thread.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...der-10324.html

We put it on this afternoon and we really like it. See my comments on that thread in post #26.

Here's where I got it from:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05432.jpg  
Old 07-03-2017, 01:22 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Okay, looked at a site I bookmarked last year. They have a new design. How'd you like to see this in front of you?

https://www.custom-tire-covers.net/p...re-tire-cover/