U Shaped dinette table option? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2015, 04:42 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 Nash 23.5A, Escape 21 coming in March
U Shaped dinette table option?

There seems to some folks that have the u shaped dinette and are not completely satisfied with the table. We have a 21 on order and have been searching for a different solution for the table. We found the Lagun table system. Any thoughts, Kevin

https://youtu.be/GriVnVrjLYw
Baca56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 05:02 PM   #2

Trailer: none
WOW! That looks like a GREAT table! Especially if, like us, you don't use the table area as a bed. Too bad they are so hard to get in the US! And, it is a little pricey...but a great solution!
Sold both 7/22
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 05:21 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Saw a Lenker table at an RV show. They're quite impressive and very easy to move in any direction, but I felt they were a bit on the wobbly side.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:32 PM   #4

Trailer: none
The Lagun mechanisms seem more stable than the Lenker in the videos I looked at.
http://svhotwire.com/image/cache/dat...et-500x500.png
Sold both 7/22
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 05:47 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
I have no problem with the table provided by ETI in my 5.0TA, but I did alter the slide direction which, when I took delivery, it slid from side to side. I reconfigured it to slide front to back, which is how, in my opinion, it should have slid in the first place.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:07 PM   #6

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Looks like it wobbles some which is my only issue with the standard one we have. Guess someone will need to buy one and try it for a real life critique.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:58 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5TA
I had two stooge tables added to each side of the u shaped dinette, no table mounts installed. I have never even put the table in the trailer and we have not missed it. The two of us eat at the small fold down tables and it works fine. This makes the sitting area larger and more open.
The first picture you can see the table in the background. The second gives you a view of the U shaped dinette.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20150403_183420.jpg   PANO_20150404_191135.jpg  
strawbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:05 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Table- we don't need no stinking table; and don't call my flip up a Stooge (-;
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 " June Bug"
here is a mod done by a new 21 owner.....http://followtoto.com/turning-the-ta...nge/......this is the route I think we will go....ETI will install the pedestal and cut the table down and mount it...we will have an extra cushion made for size of table so we can use as lounge or add extra piece and make into bed...seems like the best of both worlds to us....definitely extra expense with pedestal and filler cushions.....hope to do all of this ONCE!!
crnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:29 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA (July 19, 2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baca56 View Post
There seems to some folks that have the u shaped dinette and are not completely satisfied with the table. We have a 21 on order and have been searching for a different solution for the table. We found the Lagun table system. Any thoughts, Kevin

https://youtu.be/GriVnVrjLYw
Hi - we checked out the Lagun table pedestal and even purchased one thinking we could use it with our 5.0 with a U-shaped dinette (scheduled for Aug. 2017). I just got an email from ETI saying that the rear fiberglass and dinette won't support this type of mount. I sent a reply with an attachment (showing the Lagun table mount) just to make sure we were talking about the same product. It seems like these mounts are make for boats and RVs, so I don't quite get the issue. I would have thought that ETI could make this work with a custom support of some kind built into the back of the dinette.
Anyhow, did you ever order/install the Lagun pedestal mount on your trailer dinette?
Thanks,
John
LatLongJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 06:01 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I think you need to clarify that you are not attaching it to the rear fiberglass wall, otherwise you can install it yourself after delivery, seems easy enough, someone post it over on the Casita forums.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:36 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatLongJohn View Post
Hi - we checked out the Lagun table pedestal and even purchased one thinking we could use it with our 5.0 with a U-shaped dinette (scheduled for Aug. 2017). I just got an email from ETI saying that the rear fiberglass and dinette won't support this type of mount. I sent a reply with an attachment (showing the Lagun table mount) just to make sure we were talking about the same product. It seems like these mounts are make for boats and RVs, so I don't quite get the issue. I would have thought that ETI could make this work with a custom support of some kind built into the back of the dinette.
Anyhow, did you ever order/install the Lagun pedestal mount on your trailer dinette?
Thanks,
John
You could definitely mount it in a U-shaped dinette on the rear bench. You would need to stiffen the bench with some form of support, the sidewall of the bench is too weak as it is to support the mount. I would be really surprised that even if shown what to do, that Escape would be willing to go to the effort to mount it, but this is something that one could do themselves at home afterwards.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 06:44 PM   #13

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatLongJohn View Post
I'm sure it's workable, but it might be more of a variation in the dinette seat structure than ETI is willing to do - perhaps it would take too long to fit into the production schedule for that part of the trailer. It seems like a good thing to do after taking delivery... and getting the trailer with the stock pedestal mounts not installed.

Boats, motorhomes, trailers, or houses - the cabinet to which this is attached still needs to designed to take bending force that would not normally be applied to the dinette seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I think you need to clarify that you are not attaching it to the rear fiberglass wall, otherwise you can install it yourself after delivery, seems easy enough, someone post it over on the Casita forums.
It should have been apparent from the U-shaped dinette context that the Lagun pedestal was to go on the seat cabinet, but the reference to fiberglass in the ETI response does suggest that they were thinking it would go on the back wall. Perhaps the concern is that the table will bend the rear wall of the dinette seat top-forward, and the bracing to resist that would attach to the fiberglass floor, and the floor would be pulled up too much in reaction.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:59 AM   #14

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA (July 19, 2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I'm sure it's workable, but it might be more of a variation in the dinette seat structure than ETI is willing to do - perhaps it would take too long to fit into the production schedule for that part of the trailer. It seems like a good thing to do after taking delivery... and getting the trailer with the stock pedestal mounts not installed.

Boats, motorhomes, trailers, or houses - the cabinet to which this is attached still needs to designed to take bending force that would not normally be applied to the dinette seat.

It should have been apparent from the U-shaped dinette context that the Lagun pedestal was to go on the seat cabinet, but the reference to fiberglass in the ETI response does suggest that they were thinking it would go on the back wall. Perhaps the concern is that the table will bend the rear wall of the dinette seat top-forward, and the bracing to resist that would attach to the fiberglass floor, and the floor would be pulled up too much in reaction.
Hi Brian and all who responded - thanks for the input. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding on where/how the Lagun pedestal would attach to the dinette frame. I thought it would just be a matter of adding a bit more support the part of the dinette (somewhere along the back of the desired bench side) and then attaching the pedestal. I'll post ETI's response to my follow up email (hopefully tomorrow or early in the week). I might just need to add the needed extra support and affix the Lagun after I get the new trailer home.
Thanks again,
John
LatLongJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:35 AM   #15

Trailer: 5.0 TA hatched April 2017
I will be adding a lagun pedestal to my 5.0 TA so if you come up with a good idea for supporting I will be interested in the meantime brainstorm.
Terry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:23 AM   #16

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Like Carl, we have no problem with our U-shaped dinette in our 19' -- and ours slides front to back as well (factory install), giving us about 6" more floor space when it's pushed back. The only thing I might change is to replace the two support posts with one of the hydraulic lifts that others have mentioned in other posts.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:57 AM   #17

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
I still have one reservation about the u-shaped dinette, that I don't remember seeing addressed.

Can it seat four people for a meal in reasonable comfort?
gmchamplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:42 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmchamplin View Post
I still have one reservation about the u-shaped dinette, that I don't remember seeing addressed.

Which model Escape? In the 21,19 and 5.0 I'd say yes, in the smaller ones, unsure,,,
Old 01-02-2017, 12:11 PM   #19

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmchamplin View Post

I'm pretty sure that the 19 has the smallest u-shaped dinette conversion, even smaller than the 17, so I don't know that it will seat four people in "reasonable comfort". This is assuming of course that an owner is retaining the Queen bed in the 19 and doing the u-shape in the front of the trailer. The size of the people to be seated would also contribute to comfort. Someone with a u-shaped dinette in a 19 should weigh in.

In at least one thread, the dinette conversion in a 19 was mentioned, but the use case was two people.
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:17 PM   #20

I'm assuming 2 on each side and no one on the front or rear wall, depending on model.