Under bed sliding storage (THANKS TO EGGSCAPE) - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2021, 10:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Under bed sliding storage (THANKS TO EGGSCAPE)

I finished my under bed storage in my 19' Thanks to eggscape and his mod thread giving me the idea.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...ape-12918.html

I made a few changes . I used PVC 1x2 instead of track lighting.My restore did not have any.

I used a larger milk create bought online

https://www.milkcratesdirect.com/rec...caAp8lEALw_wcB

I left my doors attached , but will have to remove door pull on the under fridge cabinet. I added wood board to the bottom of the crate . The board does to things when the crates are pulled all the way out it rest on the board holding the crates up. When you slide the crates back in you lift them up a 1" and the board locks into the bottom of the cabinet . This keeps the crates from sliding and opening The cabinet doors. The three larger crates just fit.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20210126_091733.jpg   IMG_20210126_091807.jpg   IMG_20210126_091757.jpg   IMG_20210126_091813.jpg   IMG_20210125_114057.jpg  

NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:19 AM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Looks great to me.

While you are under there you might want to place some more insulation around your hot water thank. We find it makes a big difference for very little cost.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 04:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Looks great to me.

While you are under there you might want to place some more insulation around your hot water thank. We find it makes a big difference for very little cost.

That is a good idea. I will look into that. also like to insulate the access door .
Old 01-27-2021, 06:39 PM   #4

I also did the hot water line as well.
Attached Thumbnails
92AF66E3-862F-44D9-B918-07379040D323.jpg   C16FAD64-B661-453E-8639-B69A3DC05B69.jpeg   31CC3693-DD88-4620-8E05-6A6364B5E4A8.jpg  

Old 01-27-2021, 07:32 PM   #5

what insulation material is that?
Old 01-27-2021, 11:32 PM   #6

Since it is not directly on the tank but over the existing foam, I just used some furniture foam. I am sure there is a much better product to use.

Old 01-29-2021, 11:32 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Nice job! I have been drawing up plans for a set of wood drawers that are held below and above, so that they will pull out and cantilever over the floor, with a rotating wood stop to keep them from sliding out when pushed back in. While the wood would have the advantage of not having a lot of holes for stuff to fall through, your contraption is undoubtedly much lighter and simpler to build, and stuff could go in stuffsacks or such.

One space i hate to lose by doing this is the rear driver's side - about 2' x 2' empty space with no access. Well, less space to fill with weight I guess!

For my build I had them leave off the cabinet door pull from under the refrigerator, as well as the underbed doors, so I could make them drawer fronts instead. We'll see what I end up doing later this year...
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 01:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix2 View Post
Nice job! I have been drawing up plans for a set of wood drawers that are held below and above, so that they will pull out and cantilever over the floor, with a rotating wood stop to keep them from sliding out when pushed back in. While the wood would have the advantage of not having a lot of holes for stuff to fall through, your contraption is undoubtedly much lighter and simpler to build, and stuff could go in stuffsacks or such.

One space i hate to lose by doing this is the rear driver's side - about 2' x 2' empty space with no access. Well, less space to fill with weight I guess!

For my build I had them leave off the cabinet door pull from under the refrigerator, as well as the underbed doors, so I could make them drawer fronts instead. We'll see what I end up doing later this year...
That 2x2 dead space is killing me also. Its such a waste. I wish i got the stock retractable power cord at least that way i could have closed it off and had some use out of it.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:27 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
That 2x2 dead space is killing me also. Its such a waste. I wish i got the stock retractable power cord at least that way i could have closed it off and had some use out of it.
Yeah...have you thought about installing a small hatch to access that space from the outside?
OR: a more clever person than myself migh be able to figure out how to make a set of storage boxes that slide around as needed - like this:
Attached Thumbnails
sliding-puzzles-1.jpg  
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 04:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Yeah...have you thought about installing a small hatch to access that space from the outside?
OR: a more clever person than myself migh be able to figure out how to make a set of storage boxes that slide around as needed - like this:

I considered putting a hatch in like eggscape done on his thread. I really don't want to add another hole under the bed. I getting enough cold air coming in from the stock hatch . I going to try to insulate it and see if that helps. I have noticed we get more condensation on that end of the mattress compared to the other 2 sides.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:58 PM   #11

Quote:

Leaving the doors off and the three handles will give you some flexibility on your drawer build. You may even find it is easier to put the doors on as that worked for NEWYORKHILLBILLY.

As for the 2 x 2 space, it would be super easy to put in a round hatch. You could store a whole bunch of lite weight crap in there like toilet paper and paper towel. Something that does not require a lock to protect.

All my marine hatches seal very well and now have 2 inch closed cell foam...that is 1.5 inches more that the same style foam on the walls.

I have removed the the rear bin off each side of my drawers. This now allows room again right across the rear of the trailer. With this rear hatch I can slide in my screen room and antenna.
Attached Thumbnails
1250ADF8-4655-4C0E-8B63-843178DD7ADD.jpg   871394A7-62F7-4A85-A3CD-EBB9F310B954.jpg   BF2D1754-9F34-41E5-9DF4-8801C49649EC.jpg