Under bed storage suggestions - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2017, 01:55 PM   #1

Trailer: 2023 21C
Under bed storage suggestions

We have a couple of years under our belt and have worked out a number of modifications and adjustments. Storage is always an issue and the largest space that goes under utilized is the space under the bed. We have a 17B where we leave the larger table permanently set up as a bed and wonder if anyone has some suggestions on how to use the space. Currently we have bins that always seem to be out of arms reach. I worry about covering the fuse box and the detectors.

Thanks.
dunnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:24 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013, 17B 'Mini Pearl' and a 2010 Highlander
I struggle with this as well. We use duffle bags and I would like to recoup the space behind them with something that has wheels that I could attach a rope to. To pull it forward. Just place a couple of cup hooks to hold the rope so that it is within reach.

Floor under dinette table is
42.5 x 26.5
Half of 26.5 is 13.25
Small tote is 32 x 19 leaving 10 inches for duffle bags, too small I think.

I have seen where others on this forum have made custom drawers to fit but I need to revert to a dinette every once in awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2017, 02:46 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
I'm not sure if this would work with a 17, but on our 19" we use one of those regular under bed storage containers with the wheels on the bottom. They are available a many places. We keep our sheets and pillow cases plus extra towels in the box.

(This mod was done by Zardoz who we bought the trailer from so credit where credit is due.)

Note the 1x3 board with an angle bracket to act as a guide. Then there is also a small bungie cord attached to eyelets that hold it in place while underway. The other half of the under bed storage is accessed via the outside access door.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2940.jpg   IMG_2941a.jpg  
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote