Vinyl Trafficmaster Allure flooring - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Vinyl Trafficmaster Allure flooring

I have a 19' Escape on order and I'm trying to figure out a way to have a "wood look" floor. I would like to have a wood laminate floor installed after the fact, but I was advised against that because of flexing. I then thought of having a wood look vinyl installed by Escape, but I'm not sure I would like the look of that.
Today I ran across an article touting Vinyl Trafficmaster Allure flooring. Has anyone installed this product, and if so how to you feel about it.

Tommy
papasm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Lots of folks have installed Allure in their all molded towables on FiberglassRV. Different kinds of brands, but still all molded towables.

ALL I can tell you, is that so much "brown" gets tiring after a while. My current trailer has an all wood interior (similar to an Escape)... I WANT color!!! I think Escape has done a great job in picking a neutral flooring.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by papasm2 View Post
I have a 19' Escape on order and I'm trying to figure out a way to have a "wood look" floor. I would like to have a wood laminate floor installed after the fact, but I was advised against that because of flexing. I then thought of having a wood look vinyl installed by Escape, but I'm not sure I would like the look of that.
Today I ran across an article touting Vinyl Trafficmaster Allure flooring. Has anyone installed this product, and if so how to you feel about it.

Tommy
I was wondering about that as well. I don't have any insulation and thought that an extra layer of vinyl would make the floor a little warmer. I currently have a $9.99 2'x5' runner on the floor for warmth. It also helps to be able to shake it out after kid and dog traffic. I don't know if there is much of a color selection, and I do like the look of the vinyl Escape installed, but would like a "wood look", but not too dark.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
The advantage of brown tones is that they are less likely to go out of style. Not quite the pizazz of bright colours. I see colours come and go a lot in my business, but natural tones seem to always be fine to use. The other nice thing with red tones (including brown) is that they are on the warm side of the scale, which many find more cheery, me included. We are in the process of removing or painting all things blue in our house as it is looking dated (doors, countertops and some paint).

Doing dozens of home renos a year, I get to see what folks are liking, and there are many different colour pallets, but the use of warmer colours has be quite prevalent lately.

After a year of using the new wood floors in our trailer, we are loving them. Being cork, it is super warm and comfy, and it has a real nice warm tone to it. Super easy to clean too. We do keep a mat at the sink and at the door as a crud catcher.

The great thing though, is that there are tons of options out there, and tons of differing wishes among users. It would be boring if everyone did the same thing. And the Allure is a good tough surface with lots of pattern choices.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #5

Thanks Donna for your thoughts on colors. I thought about all the wood in the Escape, but I like wood floors. There is something nostalgic about wood.
I agree with Jim regarding the browns being less likely to go out of style. I also feel that the wood/browns add warmth.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I added a cherry wood floor to my Escape, it is a floating floor in that it can expand and contract with the temperature change. In addition, it can be removed and returned back to stock.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0500.JPG   DSCN0504.JPG   DSCN0506.JPG  
Old 09-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #7

Trailer: 21' Escape
Is this going to be in your new 21'?
floorpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #8

I installed this myself, after delivery, it was not factory.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #9

Very nice looking Jim. Is this theAllure flooring?
Old 09-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #10

I bought it at Home Depot, not sure of the name but same type of floor, this is the third floor I have installed in my campers over the past 5 years, some other installs of the same type of floor, it floats and you caulk one side and trim on the other keeps it in place. I merely laid it over the existing floor (not carpet) that was in the camper.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00802.jpg   DSC00805.jpg   DSC01093.JPG   DSC01094.JPG  
Old 09-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #11

Not sure about the 21, will wait until I get it in December before deciding.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
Donna you might want to put a pin box security lock and a 5th wheel tailgate on your shopping list. You wouldn't want a thief drive to off with your new 5.0 while your off hiking. Get ready... your first year of ownership will be very expensive!
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #13

Jim, do you know how many square feet o material it took to do your floor? I assume you only did the floor inside and not the rear storage area.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #14

Each of the 3 trailers I did never took more than 1.5 boxes each. So 2 boxes will be all you need, less than $60, also you need a kit they sell for installation, check with the store or I'll try to find the link for you with the info.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #15

Thanks Jim.