Voila table to bed #2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #1

Voila table to bed #2

Hi, I decided I better start posting some of the modifications I've done. It worked well but we were never really happy with the amount of time and effort it took to change the 2 post table into a bed. So we tried a few versions.

#1. The first version was a roll of wooden slats for the bed and a portable table. It worked well but still unhappy with having to store the table when a bed and the slats when a table. The advantage was we had a portable table but we found we never used it.

#2 Two versions of basically a plywood accordion connected to a table top with a drop leg. Pull it forward and shorten the leg for the bed. Both versions worked but the latch for the drop leg slowly bent and while it worked the bed and table weren't as stable as I wanted them to be.

#3 After seeing a video of a portable table that dropped down to bed height I decided to make one and mount it permanently in the trailer. About $30 and some welding later I had my table/bed frame made. It goes from table to bed very quickly and easily. The bed is huge, very stable and no one needs to climb over anybody in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. During the day we drop the table down without extending it out so we can just lounge on it. Very happy with how it works.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
image.png   image (4).jpg   image (3).jpg   image (1).jpg  
Dave D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Nice, very nice. What model Escape is this? It's not in your visible profile.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
looks somewhat similar to the "Magic table" in Chandler's Parkliner, nice job.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #4

Donna, it is in an Escape 15.

Jim, thanks and it may well be similar to the magic table, is a picture of the magic table posted somewhere? It was a rush job using the materials I had on hand or could get easily (e.g. metal fence post) so I would argue that it's not "nice" but it is very functional. It's not finished as I need to put some sort of finish on the plywood and banding around the edges.

Dave
Old 09-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
The Magic Table is on the Parkliner web page, under Innovation in Space and Design, wait for the images to cycle through: ParkLiner Large Interior UltraLight
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #6

Thanks for the link Donna.

Dave