weBoost Connect RV 65 cellular signal booster - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2018, 03:42 PM   #1

Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer
Talking weBoost Connect RV 65 cellular signal booster

I got the ok for a "pre-wire antenna for cell booster" additional option.

I will provide ETI with the 30 ft. White RG6 Low Loss Coax (F Male to F Male) | 950630 that comes with the weBoost connect RV65.

The desire is to place the antenna on a mast that goes in the trailers rear bumpers hitch while the trailer is parked (found the hitch on another site). So I need an outside connection on the trailer that I could connect and disconnect the antenna from any ideas.

This will be followed up with an email to Linda asking how the exact install will go on their end.
cdmixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 03:56 PM   #2

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Interesting. I thought ETI had stopped doing aftermarket antenna installs.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:59 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Might ask if ETI will install one of their cable tv exterior connectors. Has a nice little cover over it. Same RG threads.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:01 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
I opted to have a port added to the rear driver side. It's the same port used for the power cord and allows me run antenna wire (or any wire) from the outside in and allows for upgrades/changes over the years. I have the inside booster wire taped to the inside of port and I can grab it from the outside and connect to the exterior antenna I setup as needed.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:35 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Having read the second post from Reace @ Strategic I can see how most of these effective installs can be done afterwards. My booster is in the passenger dinette bench and the antenna wire goes through the floor in the back bench of the U dinette storage area. Used Shoe Goo to seal the wire underneath.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:54 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmixer View Post
The desire is to place the antenna on a mast that goes in the trailers rear bumpers hitch while the trailer is parked (found the hitch on another site). So I need an outside connection on the trailer that I could connect and disconnect the antenna from any ideas.

I'm a great fan of bumper mounted masts for TV, wi-fi and cellular. My experience over the years with electronics is that they can become outdated fairly quickly. Not having something mounted to the roof with holes etc. means that an antenna or other device can easily be changed.

My King antenna and my wi-fi antennas are already mounted to a bumper socket and I'm going to install my weboost from my old truck there also.

My cables run out through a grommet in the floor. I have a water proof bumper mounted box that connections can be made in. No holes in the shell walls required.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0008_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:33 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Ron in BC.
I made up three build sheets before we got the trailer.On the last sheet I forgot to add the King Jack antenna.So, I am following your idea about mounting a mast on the rear hitch on the trailer.Found a three section fibre glass mast at this web site: Poles and holders.Now I need to get the King Jack antenna itself.Like your way of mounting a small box on the inside of the bumper for stowing cable and connectors.Staying close to the batteries.Cable will come up from the weep hole on passenger side and will be caulked shut.Should work.Dismantle for travel, total height 22 feet +.Thanks for the tip.
Allan Bornestig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:45 PM   #8

Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer
weBoost Connect RV 65 cellular signal booster Reply to Thread

Well production gave me the answer to this weBoost install original thread post which is

"We can install the exterior coax connector (Tractors1's sugestion) with cover as described for a $25.00 fee in your preferred location. I believe you indicated somewhere in the rear bumper area.

We can run the wire you provide from this point to your desired interior originating point. We cannot however hook the wire up to the exterior coax connection.
The prewire as previously discussed is $100.00."

If I ask production to explain a little better it will be several days for a response and I really don't want to bother them. Does anyone have a better explination so I understand this.

Thanks.
cdmixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 09:26 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Sounds like they will start the coax where you want it inside then run it through the trailer wall, however will not connect it to an antenna.

Tags
cellular, cellular antena, signal booster, weboost