Wooden Pergo floating floor in their Escape.. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Re: Wooden Pergo floating floor in their Escape..

Cathy & Alice, I like your idea of a small vacuum or hair dryer to get rid of all the little stuff. I am going to give that a try this coming weekend. We are going to a family reunion in Dickinson, ND, and we are looking forward to the chance to show our escape off to the relatives. So a clean floor is a "must", at least at first. Thanks much for the thought.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #22

I put Pergo in our bedroom and wish I hadn't. While it looks good and can withstand a little bit of water, it has a few drawbacks. First, if water does seep between the joints, it can swell and create ridges. Second, its LOUD. Dog nails clatter and click on the flooring. Third, it's pretty slippery.

The cork flooring seems like a good compromise, but we've avoided it as we worried about dog nails tearing it up. If I did anything, I'd consider either sheet vinyl or that peel-and-stick vinyl stuff. So far, we're okay with the flooring supplied. With the dogs (three good-sized, active mixed-breed rescues) and the dirt and mud we bring in, we need a flooring that can handle it.

Dave
Old 10-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour

Leon, here's the vac if you don't have anything yet, or for anyone else. It's a Black and Decker 18V that we bought at Sears. You can see it has a long nose which is great for the door area. The nose folds underneath for storing.
Attached Thumbnails
P1010108 vac folded.jpg   P1010106 vacuum.jpg  
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote