12V issues - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2018, 09:48 AM   #161

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Imperfections

Spent about the last hour rewiring the leads on my turf and tree sprayer. It was not right when I bought it new but I made it work. Last time I used it, it failed right at the end. What to do, what to do? Get some wire, some good tape, good connectors. Botta boom, botta bing you got yourself a whole lot of dead Japanese Beetles. Life is not perfect and neither are man made things. No whining, just fix it or pay somebody to fix it and move on.
Loved our 19, love our 21, I do not knock other people’s choices. Live and let live.
Iowa “where’s my Sevin” Dave
Old 06-29-2018, 10:33 AM   #162

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captm View Post
We have decided to move from a truck camper to a trailer. Escape has been our choice since meeting a very nice couple in GNP two years ago that had a 5.0. I follow this website regularly to glean what I can prior to making a trip to the factory, which would result in placing an order. However, seeing the quality of electrical work that has been shown makes the purchase of an Escape a non-starter. Why spend hard earned money on a product which I will have to rewire? While some may say that only the connectors need to be replaced, I wonder if there is enough slack in the wire to properly accomplish this? How many crimplock and/or butt-splices are there in areas that are not seen?
Cheer!
Keep this in mind. If you have read some of my posts, you can tell that I am very particular in the quality of my possessions. That given, after a lot of research - I bought an Escape because it was the best value trailer I could buy. Was it perfect - no. Could I make it perfect with a little effort - YES! (read sig line)

If I owned a different trailer, you would be shocked at what I would find. I owned a Casita prior to the Escape and spent three years fixing what I thought should have been done differently. Wiring? The problems I have found with my Escape are nothing. Now, when I sold the Casita - I felt good about it as the new owner received a trailer that was as near perfect as I could make it. But it would never be able to approach what I have been able to do with the Escape.

So, my exposition of any problem areas in my Escape should make you feel confident in the purchase of an Escape - not the other way. My experience with Rease is such that he will correct the things that are found and make the Escape trailers even better. Isn't that the type of trailer manufacturer that you would want?
Old 06-29-2018, 10:38 AM   #163

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Keep this in mind. If you have read some of my posts, you can tell that I am very particular in the quality of my possessions.
And as one who has a similar disposition, recognizing where quality does better for me personally, I like what you have to share. I appreciate seeing quality work.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:40 AM   #164

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Keep this in mind. If you have read some of my posts, you can tell that I am very particular in the quality of my possessions. That given, after a lot of research - I bought an Escape because it was the best value trailer I could buy. Was it perfect - no. Could I make it perfect with a little effort - YES! (read sig line)
This really sums up my thoughts and my view of trailer options (and most of my possessions). Except maybe for the last line, I hope to hack my way to as close to perfect as I can get.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:19 AM   #165

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
Escape and others

We had a Scamp, an Airstream, a Casita several B or C motor homes, each of them for at least a couple or more years and a lot of usage, we were happy with each except one small trailer and one 22' B. Now we are headed north in 10 days to pick up our 3rd Escape, a19 in 2010, a 21 in 2013 and now a 17 in July. There is a saying about being happy with the one your with and I feel Escape makes that easy. As a retired aircraft mechanic and airline pilot I want things perfect and I feel Escape is as close as we can be.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:22 AM   #166

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
We had a Scamp, an Airstream, a Casita several B or C motor homes, each of them for at least a couple or more years and a lot of usage, we were happy with each except one small trailer and one 22' B. Now we are headed north in 10 days to pick up our 3rd Escape, a19 in 2010, a 21 in 2013 and now a 17 in July. There is a saying about being happy with the one your with and I feel Escape makes that easy. As a retired aircraft mechanic and airline pilot I want things perfect and I feel Escape is as close as we can be.
Jack
3rd Escape? You are aware the propane tanks are refillable, right?
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:30 AM   #167

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
This really sums up my thoughts and my view of trailer options (and most of my possessions). Except maybe for the last line, I hope to hack my way to as close to perfect as I can get.
I guess I could have worded that a different way. Interpersonal skills were never my strongest suit! Perfect to me is the way I want it - to someone else, it may not be their cup of tea. That may be one of Escapes strongest asset - you can make it fit your version of perfect. The level of customization that can be achieved with an Escape is pretty much only limited by your imagination.

Here's to your version of perfect!
Old 06-29-2018, 11:41 AM   #168

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Full up

I’m pretty sure Jack knew he could refill the tanks because they were full on both Escapes my wife bought from him. Or maybe he doesn’t use propane. Without losing a hell of a lot of weight I don’t think the seventeen is going to be right for me.
Hey Jack, Fly around that one.
Iowa “jackin doubles” Dave
Attached Thumbnails
7777B061-D461-4CF0-ADC6-ED70B0E06F74.jpg   A3EA595E-4B99-4119-8B9A-AF3B0C689359.jpg  
Old 06-29-2018, 11:44 AM   #169
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
My trailer isn't any more perfect than I am . There's been a couple of things that have irritated me. There are also a couple of others on this forum, that either they're contrarians or truly dislike their trailers. I often think, why not sell and get something else? I mean why be so unhappy?

I prefer to be adaptable. Shoot, I'm a former tent camper with ALL that it entailed. As long as my trailer is safe to go down the road, I can adjust what's necessary to have a good time. And then fix what needs to be fixed when time/money allows.

Am I an ETI trailer cheerleader? Yep. I emailed ETI to get an appointment to have solar added to my trailer. I got an email back from Tammy at 9:56PM... oh my stars... do those people EVER go home? I can't think of any other owners of a trailer manufacturing company of ANY brand that would do this...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:20 PM   #170

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape 1977 Trillium 1300
I did not say all the employees have drug issues. In the case of Elkhart, unemployment is so low that the only available workers LEFT are either inmates at the local prison or people that can’t pass a drug test. They have overwhelmed the supply of workers in that area. And they reported employees were not lasting one year. So bonuses based on at least one years employment weren’t working.

Me, they need to look at their jobs carefully. Make the jobs better and pay more.

I used to work in an industrial park where there were no blue collar employees available. To get workers we poached them from other industries in the park (we paid more and had better benefits). Needless to say it did not make us popular with the other industries.
NCBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:19 PM   #171
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I've learned much reading threads where a defect or an problem was criticized, and have done some criticism myself. Thing is, there's a difference between legitimate criticism and dumping on the brand. One seeks to solve the problem, to help a fellow owner, or improve the product, and the other is just to tear it down. It's about motive, and you know it when you see it.

Oh, and Mike, I've never seen a single one of your posts that I thought was unnecessarily negative. You had a concern, pointed it out, and looked to fix it.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:16 PM   #172

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape 1977 Trillium 1300
Yes no perfect rig out there but I would have no qualms buying another Escape!
NCBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:59 PM   #173

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Not to change the subject, but I'm leaning towards naming my 4th Escape- wait for it-
Deja-Vu....
Old 06-29-2018, 06:01 PM   #174

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Think I've heard that name somewhere before.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:46 PM   #175
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Not to change the subject, but I'm leaning towards naming my 4th Escape- wait for it-
Deja-Vu....
How about a play on words instead?

Deja-View?
Old 06-29-2018, 06:53 PM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
How about a play on words instead?

Deja-View?
Like "past tents"??
Old 06-29-2018, 06:55 PM   #177
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Like "past tents"??
Sort of, yeah.[emoji3]
Old 06-29-2018, 07:17 PM   #178

I like it.....
Old 05-31-2019, 06:50 PM   #179

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
I have now read the entire thread, have learned a lot (though with my electrical astigmatism it may not help) and find an absolutely normal situation:

Those who are unhappy or have a constructive solution post and a lot of people think they are the norm. The multitudes who are satisfied (whatever that is) do not bother to post their satisfaction (except Donna!). From what I have read I am looking forward to taking delivery of our 2010 Escape, and anticipate a number of enjoyable hours 'making it perfect' for us, whatever that entails.
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 07:37 AM   #180

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21, 2014 Northern Lite slide in, 2014 2500 Duramax
Quote:
I guess I could have worded that a different way. Interpersonal skills were never my strongest suit! Perfect to me is the way I want it - to someone else, it may not be their cup of tea. That may be one of Escapes strongest asset - you can make it fit your version of perfect. The level of customization that can be achieved with an Escape is pretty much only limited by your imagination.

Here's to your version of perfect!
Perfectly sums up my point of view. If I posted every fly spec I found that I improved along the way everyone would think I found fault in everything, or what an A$$

Nothing built at an hourly rate will be perfect in everyone's eye.
But we can each have our own version
TZBrown is offline   Reply With Quote