13 question - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #1

13 question

To anyone that has looked at or has a 13 foot, I have a couple of questions on the A model
1. What is the interior head height
2. What is the width and length of the beds, front and back
3. What is the hitch weight
4. Does anyone know the distance between the lower and upper bed in the goucho option.

My wife and I sleep on 25" wide cots in a tent right now, and are considering using the goucho for permanent sleeping. We are both under 180 lbs, but I'm 6'-2 and wife 6'-0".This would leave the big table set up. With nothing at the door area in this model, I don't think it would feel boxed in sleeping up front. If the width of the goucho is at least 25-26", we think it would be more comfortable, as it looks that the table is around 48" wide and the front is around 27" (scaling it on my screen). We are just discusing options right now. Thanks for any help.
dannyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Re: 13 question

Hi Danny, welcome.

I know little of what you ask, though have been in the 13, and can say that it sure seems big for it's size.

Are you thinking of doing bunks in the front to sleep on? I am not aware of a gaucho option, I assume a bunk would be just put above one.

If you were to contact Tammy or Reace at Escape, they would be glad to answer your question, I would bet. Wonderful folks to deal with, they are.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #3

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape

We had a 13' Boler for many years and I loaded a LOT inot it--I was prepared for anything. I think totally loaded for bear it came in at 1700 lbs.That included many many mods including a permanent bed, dinette in the fron t with wood benches etc...

In the 13' Escape there is a little table at the front of the trailer (where the gaucho would go) so you could always leave that as a table and sleep on the big one at the back.

I do believe that the gaucho bunks do add a few 100# to the weight....

Good luck with your decisions.. The Escape website should answer your questions..I do think though that your vehicle should be okay for a 13'.......
Old 04-04-2009, 05:00 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I have a friend that has a bunk bed area in his trailer and tried it out. I found that my wife could get out of the bottom, but trying to get out of the top bunk bed, 40+ inches off the floor, and not fall on my head was very difficult. I asked escape what they thought the 15' would weigh empty, and they though around 1600# and have a 58" wide table/bed. We were not going to get one until next year, so we can see the 15' before buying.

dannyh is offline   Reply With Quote