19' cover - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2017, 02:36 PM   #1

19' cover

2013 19' I need a cover that fits it well and is sturdy, any suggestions?
Always stored it indoors at a storage barn. They decided this year to up the rates by $6.00 per foot per month. It's to late in my area to find another place so cover and store in my yard is the solution. Thanks,Herb
timberdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:58 PM   #2

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberdoodle View Post
2013 19' I need a cover that fits it well and is sturdy, any suggestions?
Always stored it indoors at a storage barn. They decided this year to up the rates by $6.00 per foot per month. It's to late in my area to find another place so cover and store in my yard is the solution. Thanks,Herb
The Cal-Mark cover that came with my new-to-me 2013 19" works well. CalMark Cover Co - Custom RV Covers for Travel Trailers, Campers, Motorhomes, Casita & Scamp RV Covers
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2132.jpg  
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 19 foot
Also, Classic Accessories is designing a cover to fit the Escape 19. It is not on the website yet, but they are telling me that it will be ready by the end of September. I had one of their's for my 17 and really liked the fit.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:52 PM   #4

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21RB
Purchased a Classic Accessories RV cover for our 19 last year at it held up well and no scratches, etc to the trailer. Fit was a bit big but was able to make it work, plan on using it this winter. Cost was about $300 Canadian which was a lot less than the Calmark.
gharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:01 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharper View Post
Purchased a Classic Accessories RV cover for our 19 last year at it held up well and no scratches, etc to the trailer. Fit was a bit big but was able to make it work, plan on using it this winter. Cost was about $300 Canadian which was a lot less than the Calmark.
Will not hold up if you deal with UV's like in California . Calmark will hold up . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:42 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Just ordered a Calmark cover for our yet-to-be hatched 19er this past Thursday. We will get it before we make the trip to Chilliwack for pickup. Had a Calmark for our Scamp and it performed well. While I'd dearly love to be able to store our new baby indoors, the Calmark is the next best thing we can do IMHO.

"It is better to travel well than to arrive" - Buddha
Ljswany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljswany View Post
Just ordered a Calmark cover for our yet-to-be hatched 19er this past Thursday. We will get it before we make the trip to Chilliwack for pickup. Had a Calmark for our Scamp and it performed well. While I'd dearly love to be able to store our new baby indoors, the Calmark is the next best thing we can do IMHO.
The best Pat
Old 09-17-2017, 02:19 PM   #8

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21RB
I think the Calmart cover is an excellent cover, just not cost-effective for me to pay the higher cost in US funds. Kamloops by the way gets lots of sun (316 days a year). The Calmart cover is made of acrylic Sunbrella fabric and has a 6 year warranty. I had the same fabric on my saltwater boat canvas and when treated annually with a UV protectant lasted about 10 years before the fabric was heavily faded and the stitching and fabric failed.

The Classic Accessories fabric is not as good (polypropylene), has a 3 year warranty and I expect it to last 5 years with annual UV treatment. At 1/4 of the cost I figure it is a good alternative to the Calmark.
gharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 02:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharper View Post
I think the Calmart cover is an excellent cover, just not cost-effective for me to pay the higher cost in US funds. Kamloops by the way gets lots of sun (316 days a year). The Calmart cover is made of acrylic Sunbrella fabric and has a 6 year warranty. I had the same fabric on my saltwater boat canvas and when treated annually with a UV protectant lasted about 10 years before the fabric was heavily faded and the stitching and fabric failed.

The Classic Accessories fabric is not as good (polypropylene), has a 3 year warranty and I expect it to last 5 years with annual UV treatment. At 1/4 of the cost I figure it is a good alternative to the Calmark.
Th UV treatment will definetly help . Most don't though including ,us . We only got 1 1/2 years life . Never thought of applying UV treatment Pat