2006 17B need more information - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-31-2014, 09:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 2006 17B
2006 17B need more information

I recently bought a 2006 17B and the previous owner did not know the tank sizes for the fresh, grey and black. Does anyone know? Also, the faucet drips, will I be able to find replacement washers? Unable to find brand name of faucet. And, the sewer hose is mounted on back next to battery and is short. Would it be best to mount a new one on front, behind the propane tanks, or in the back underneath the bumper hitch? Other than these minor details, everything works great!
riverplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Welcome. Probably the quickest way is to call ETI. I don't know if changes were made between 2006 and 2009 , but my gray tank holds 20 gallons and my black tank holds 14 gallons. The freah water tank holds 20 gallons. BTW, my hose compartment holds enough for most if not all situations that I have encountered. Plus one can always get an extension.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #3

Trailer: 2006 17b Goucho
2006 has
Fresh = 20 gallons
Grey = 14 gallons
Black = 7.5 gallons
2007 has
Fresh = 20 gallons
Grey = 14 gallons
Black = 14 gallons

Probably has one of these Phoenix faucets
Recreational Vehicle

I wouldn't put a hose holder under the bumper, too easy to damage it going up a ramp. There a quite a few different ideas on how to change the hose holder, this is what I did on my 2006 17B.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...holder-15.html
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #4

Thanks for responding! The black tank is a bit small, but good to know what to expect. I've never seen 5 inch square pvc fence posts, but will ask around. I was wondering if a 6 inch pvc would fit behind the propane tanks in the front? I used to have a scamp with one located there, also don't remember having so much trouble pulling the hose out and it was full length instead of the short one in the back of the Escape. Also, looks like the faucet is washerless, so I can take apart and try cleaning before replacing the whole faucet. Good information!
Old 08-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
I've never seen 5" either. But, six inch square will accommodate a rhino flex 90 elbow with a little room to spare. Doubt it would fit in a 6" round PVC.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:58 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
We have an '05 17B with similar tank sizes (for some reason I thought our fresh tank was 19 and grey 12, but it seems weird that they would have changed those by such a small margin and not changed the black for the next model year). We've found that if you're totally off grid and have no other toilet to use, 3 nights is about max, so we bought an 11gal tote that we bring along for those occasions. It wasn't very expensive and definitely provides peace of mind on longer excursions in the boonies: Amazon.com: Tote-N-Stor 25606 Portable Waste Transport - 11 Gallon Capacity: Automotive
Old 08-04-2014, 04:03 PM   #7

That's a great idea, and much cheaper option than installing another tank, Thanks! Also, I'm assuming the inside shower drains into the black tank? Or does it drain into the grey?
Old 08-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #8

The shower drains into the grey! Showering in it is a bit tight, I'm 5'5" and it's easier to do sitting on the toilet, my 5'10" husband has never showered in it but he'd have to sit. The newer ones have taller bathroom clearances in addition to bigger tanks!
Old 08-04-2014, 04:43 PM   #9

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary View Post
The shower drains into the grey! Showering in it is a bit tight, I'm 5'5" and it's easier to do sitting on the toilet, my 5'10" husband has never showered in it but he'd have to sit. The newer ones have taller bathroom clearances in addition to bigger tanks!
To be clear, the bigger trailers and 5TA have larger tanks and more headroom. A "newer" 17 or 15 would not have anymore room than the older ones.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:58 PM   #10

I think they might have added an inch or two when they changed molds a few years ago? It says on the Escape website that the current bathroom in a 17B is 67" high, and my head just brushes the ceiling in our Escape bathroom when I stand straight. I measure 5'5" at the doctor's office like clockwork, much as I'd like to be taller!
Old 08-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #11

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
I think they might have added an inch or two when they changed molds a few years ago?
Perhaps you're thinking of Scamp trailers (made by Eveland's). They had a fire and lost the mould for the 13-foot model, then made a replacement based on the 16-foot model, gaining a bit of height in the change. As far as I know, Escape Trailer Industries has not changed the mould for the shell of any of its models... they're too busy adding models! I could be mistaken, of course.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:36 PM   #12

When we were at the factory and I asked Reace what would happen if our door broke or something similar, he indicated I'd basically be SOL because the molds were different. From people talking in other threads about newer 17s I gathered maybe the bathrooms were taller because they talked about standing while showering and not being particularly short. So I don't know for sure, I just know what he told me combined with what other people have said, and I guess I could go measure mine to check but I didn't realize a casual remark would cause such debate.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:49 PM   #13

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
When we were at the factory and I asked Reace what would happen if our door broke or something similar, he indicated I'd basically be SOL because the molds were different.
It looks like I missed - or forgot about - the change. I am curious why there was any change...
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:42 AM   #14

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Reace has made several (many?) running changes to the 19' molds. On the 19 he made at least 1 and I think 2 or 3 changes to the wheel wells - to get rid of the trim piece and make it 2 wells instead of 1, and for the 15" tires. I believe the 19 now has the powered vent in the bath and he had earlier said that would be a mold change. I would bet he has made other changes to the 19.

And I fully expect he has done the same with the other models.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #15

The bathroom on the 2006 17B is pretty darn small, so I was surprised to see a photo of the newer models with sinks! But getting back to the sewer hose storage…the 4 inch PVC mounted on the back fender, next to the battery is 40 inches long and I was told by previous owner that he had to shorten the hose to fit. I'm experienced with pulling a trailer, but it's a hassle to worry about getting it close to the dump. It's doesn't look like there is enough room in the front of trailer for even a 4 inch diameter (propane tanks), although it would hold a 60 inch container. So, what do others do? Use a shortened hose or have the container mounted somewhere else? Also, I did find a kitchen faucet repair kit with new stems and washers for $8 from Amazon, so that worked out well!
Old 08-05-2014, 09:57 AM   #16

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverplace View Post
The bathroom on the 2006 17B is pretty darn small, so I was surprised to see a photo of the newer models with sinks! But getting back to the sewer hose storage…the 4 inch PVC mounted on the back fender, next to the battery is 40 inches long and I was told by previous owner that he had to shorten the hose to fit. I'm experienced with pulling a trailer, but it's a hassle to worry about getting it close to the dump. It's doesn't look like there is enough room in the front of trailer for even a 4 inch diameter (propane tanks), although it would hold a 60 inch container. So, what do others do? Use a shortened hose or have the container mounted somewhere else? Also, I did find a kitchen faucet repair kit with new stems and washers for $8 from Amazon, so that worked out well!
I used the shortened hose stored on the back bumper to dump the tanks when I didn't have sewer at the site. The shortened hose was still plently long to use at a rest area or campground dump station.
When I knew I'd have full hookups, I took a longer hose stored in a fence post carrier strapped behind the propane tanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Rest stop - 17B.jpg  
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #17

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
My 10' extension fits under the small dinette. I had a hatch put in so I do not access it from the inside. My 10' primary sewer hose (with its fittings) fits in the original compartment. I am toying with the idea of cutting the 10' extension and making two 5' ones as I have only had one occasion where there was a stretch. Just some thoughts.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Hello Alaska
Today I am installing a 5x5 Vinyl fencepost with proper caps to replace the long 4 inch pipe that I installed a few years ago since the original was pretty short.It goes on the back bumper since my batteries on our 2005 are on the front so it will be a pretty easy job.last year the ears on the plastic coupler to the sewer hose broke off.Found new fitting but it will not fit in the 4 inch
Got the idea here on the Forum, several people have done this already.
It looks good and seem to be the most practical solution.Nice and tight and pretty.Drilling drain holes in the bottom so rinse water can escape.
We raised the axle on our 2005 and got the alu rims 15 inch with new Good Year Marathons.Plus a number of other upgrades like added an extra 18.5 tank for black water for a total of 26 gallons black.That one was pricey but has Tornado flushing system to keep everything clean.
Happy trails to you.
Allan.
Allan Bornestig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faucet drips, fix faucet, short sewer hose, size tanks