Now that I have completed the first projects in the refurbishment of our 2010 17B (and figured out how to post photos!), here are the results:
1. Replace the old awning fabric, which was taped and patched.
We replaced it with a nice shade of green. Cost was about $200, and there is a good YouTube to help. Couple of tips: On our 17b the awning is actually about 1' shorter than the 8' standard. Next time we would order it to length, but did not know. Also, the YouTube video gives pretty good instructions, but does not mention that there is a spring at each end. Can be a nasty surprise if you are not prepared. We had to wind the springs as tight as possible to get it to retract properly.
2. Installed an indoor/outdoor thermometer, something we had on an earlier trailer and really like.
3. Installed a new stove exhaust fan and light. We went with an FOP-SAM1 and are very glad we did. Much quieter and the light is very bright and usable. Well worth the cost and not too difficult to install. One person install is possible, which is a good thing since there is not room for 2.
4. There were places where items had been put on walls which resulted in torn wood grain paper covering. We decided to paint the damaged areas with light yellow paint and are quite happy with the result. It brightens the area a lot.