2017 17b window issues - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2017, 07:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 19'
2017 17b window issues

Starting new thread on gen 2 17b but w non frameless windows. 1st will state that received replacement windows from hehr & defective windows will be replaced @ eti following osoyoos rally. I love this trailer but wanted to share my story. 2 windows had notable gaps @ the bottom like they weren't closing completely. Had friend push on window as I turned closure crank. No change. Had rv place look at windows & was told they needed replacement. Had dialog w eti & was sent new windows by hehr. Since going to be up near eti during rally scheduled them to do work. I will post pics of issue as others may want to check these type windows. Of note, the passenger side window w crank wheel close completely.
The only other issue I had w new trailer was water pump didn't work initially. Worked w Reace on fix, replaced pump but finally determined it was plastic debris in lines to pump impeding flow. Still finding plastic in filter when I cleaned it last.
No issues at all w new electric awning & don't think any issues w fridge vent but will have eti check.
Took "Pearl" on 3 week journey & enjoyed every minute. All systems go! BTW because window gaps at bottom no leaks just air intrusion. This trailer is a jewel & appreciate eti's responsiveness.
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:37 PM   #2

Trailer: 17
" received replacement windows from hehr"
Could I bother you with a few questions about this when you get time....who do you call to get the windows? Escape or hehr? Did they ship to you? Were the windows alone covered under the ETI warranty or hehr? Who covers the replace and install labor? Wondered how the process works since windows are not free, Thanks
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:07 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
"non-frameless windows", do you mean the framed sliders, but you mention crank, they come with the frameless windows, which window are you speaking about?
Old 05-11-2017, 08:07 PM   #4

Windows & replacement are under warranty. Nice thing about escape is 2 yr warranty for new trailers. Tried to post pics 3 times from iPad no luck so gave up.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #5

Pics of window gaps
Attached Thumbnails
P1030364.jpg   driver side.jpg  
Old 05-12-2017, 11:01 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Okay, I understand, the awning kitchen or bath window are framed and awning old style.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:02 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Definitely looks defective. Probably a warp in the bottom window frame. Ours is tight as a drum.