2021 5.0 manual front jacks operation? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-30-2021, 10:20 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Question 2021 5.0 manual front jacks operation?

Prompted by another thread an older model:

Can anyone point me to a video showing access and manual (un-powered) operation of the front jacks on the current 2021 5.0 (unlike some previous models I do not see a crank-access port on the side of 2021 5.0 pics I've examined)?

Heaven knows I hope I never need to try it, but would like to know how it's done, if even possible(?). My searching on the interweb and among ETI's manuals / instructional videos has not yielded joy, please accept my apology (but provide a link) if I missed it.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 05-31-2021, 06:20 AM   #2

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
My trailer is at storage but the access for manual operation of the front jacks is inside the top front storage compartment. We were provided with a crank handle tool. You simply have to remove a small plywood section on either side to access it.
uthorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 06:49 AM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
My 2015 5.0TA has a port on either side of the storage bin/propane compartment in the front under the sleeping loft. Perhaps ETI has eliminated these ports. It would seem to me that it would be a real PITA to have to remove panels on both sides of the storage compartment to manually crank the landing gear. I would modify the panels (small hatch or hole) so that they would not have to be removed.
One problem I have heard of with the landing gear not working is a loose ground. Another 5.0TA owner I know was taking delivery in the late afternoon and the landing gear wouldn’t operate. One of the grounding screws on the jack was loose. It is located at the top (behind the panel) and Is somewhat difficult to access. It took ETI 2 hours to diagnose the cause. If my landing gear failed to operate, that would be one of the first things I would check.