2nd Generation refrigerator issues - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-26-2017, 12:20 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
You also have to first eliminate the problems with the thermometer being used. I think sometimes some folks report fridge temps spiking and it is a problem with the thermometer. I have confirmed that at least with my Accurite wireless (which a lot here seem to use) I will occasionally see a spike, but it is the thermometer that is screwing up and not the fridge. When I check it with a manual back up thermometer the fridge is fine.
Usually, somewhere over a long trip, I have to pull the batteries from the Accurite and let it reset. It is a nice tool, but I've learned not to trust it completely.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:56 PM   #42

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Unless it gets blown out, then relights itself in less then the time it takes to generate the alarm. Over and over and ...
Reace says after 3 attempts, it goes to fault mode, like your water heater.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:16 PM   #43

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
What I was getting at. Let's say it gets blown out and relights on the 2nd try. 60 seconds later it gets blown out again, maybe this time it'll relight on the first try, etc. If I have it right, getting blown out won't cause a fault as long as it lights within the 3 attempts. It could do this all day long and never go into fault.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:45 PM   #44

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Usually, somewhere over a long trip, I have to pull the batteries from the Accurite and let it reset. It is a nice tool, but I've learned not to trust it completely.
Ditto

On a recent 1000 mile trip I must have pulled the batteries at least half a dozen times on our AcuRite.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:46 PM   #45

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
As do some others on the forum, I use a SensorPush and view the temperature (and humidity) on a free iPhone app.

The SensorPush saves the temperature and humidity data until my phone comes into range and uploads it. At $50 each they're pricey, but you can see the history of the temperature over time. The app can store data for several devices at the same time. You can also set hi/low temp alarms for each device.

This is what I see on my SensorPush. This screenshot is for a week of data. (You can choose to display an hour, day, week, month, or year.)

BTW My SensorPush is currently sitting in my living room because I sold my Bigfoot and my Escape won't be ready until Sept. It's worked flawlessly since I purchased it in Aug '16.

You cannot change the battery. But I like it well enough to shell out $50 for a new one when the battery dies after 2-3 years.
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 06:41 PM   #46

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
Ditto

On a recent 1000 mile trip I must have pulled the batteries at least half a dozen times on our AcuRite.
There is a reset (a small hole in the back of the receiver that can be poked with a pin - it will beep). Saves taking out the batteries...
Old 05-26-2017, 06:41 PM   #47

You can change the battery on the sensor push. See the video on this page.

SensorPush Customer Support
Old 05-26-2017, 06:46 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
There is a reset (a small hole in the back of the receiver that can be poked with a pin - it will beep). Saves taking out the batteries...
Small being the key word. I could not find anything to fit the hole. I need to put a paper clip or something in the console.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:56 PM   #49

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
You can change the battery on the sensor push. See the video on this page.

SensorPush Customer Support

This is great news! Now I can feel better about fitting another SensorPush.

Thanks!
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:00 PM   #50

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Didn't see the reset hole. Now to find something that will fit that.
I find it's the batteries in the sensors that have to be removed and left out a bit more than the base unit.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:32 PM   #51

Follow up after installing the ballon made Hepvo valve on the drain hose. We arrived home running the unit off propane, #3 setting, unit stayed at 37/3 the entire trip with the texas fan on automatic. No screens nor filters installed, no blow outs and no temperature spikes.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:36 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Follow up after installing the ballon made Hepvo valve on the drain hose. We arrived home running the unit off propane, #3 setting, unit stayed at 37/3 the entire trip with the texas fan on automatic. No screens nor filters installed, no blow outs and no temperature spikes.
What were the outside temperatures?
Old 05-31-2017, 07:44 PM   #53

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Yahoo! Cold Beer for Everybody!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:20 PM   #54

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:

Jim what size valve, any pics please.

Cheers
Doug
Old 05-31-2017, 10:30 PM   #55

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
Jim what size valve, any pics please.

Cheers
Doug

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9...tml#post198938
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:30 AM   #56

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
I am looking for a wifi temperature sensor so I can get alerts when I am not in my trailer. I figured I can just hook it up with my Verizon hotspot. I have been looking at the Temp Stick, it seems to have good reviews here: https://www.weatherstationadvisor.co...ature-monitor/

Has anybody tried one or can you recommend something else? Thanks
BMAIDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:35 AM   #57

The AcuRite models have a high and low for each sensor, so you can determine if there was any spikes in the readings....https://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-00986...or+refrigertor
just noticed mine are 6 years old and still working.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:32 AM   #58

Trailer: 2016 21' Classic
I have the same set. I don't know exactly how old they are, but I have used them in my last 3 or 4 campers. They work flawlessly; just change batteries when indicator alerts you to.
titanizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:02 AM   #59

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAIDEN View Post
I am looking for a wifi temperature sensor so I can get alerts when I am not in my trailer. I figured I can just hook it up with my Verizon hotspot. I have been looking at the Temp Stick, it seems to have good reviews here: https://www.weatherstationadvisor.co...ature-monitor/

Has anybody tried one or can you recommend something else? Thanks
I use a Sensorpush, it's Bluetooth but does have a WiFi option. I never tried the WiFi, the Bluetooth works fine from the refrigerator to the inside of the truck while we are on the road. It will give me high and low readings and send me a text if it is outside the settings I choose.

SensorPush Wireless Thermometer / Hygrometer for iPhone / Android - Humidity & Temperature Smart Sensor with Alerts
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:16 AM   #60

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
The key word here is wifi temperature sensor. I am using a very nice solution but pricey. It is the Sensor Push that is sold on Amazon. This tiny unit can operate two ways: as a Bluetooth device or as a wifi connected device when paired with the Sensor Push gateway. I have done it both ways.

The Bluetooth method requires no power but is limited in range to 30-100 feet depending on structure in between. The wifi gateway requires power and a wifi connection where the trailer is stored. I do not use the gateway for the trailer but rather for when I am traveling from home. With the gateway I can check the house temperature with the free Sensor Push iPhone app from anywhere in the world. Very useful when gone during these cold Wisconsin winters.

The Sensor Push unit is $50 and the gateway costs $100 and can monitor unlimited sensors. I have three.

Any solution you are looking for will require access to wifi, I am not familiar with any unit that contains an access in itself, only capability to connect to an existing wifi. So if your storage location has wifi you will only need power, it may be possible to connect the gateway to 12 volt and run off your batteries but you would then need to have solar operating to replenish the batteries.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote