5TA What is under the benches? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2020, 11:34 AM   #1

Trailer: Rialta 2003
5TA What is under the benches?

Anyone have pictures of what is under the bench seats? I have a deposit for Oct 2020 delivery but have never seen a 5TA. I will be at the Rally in May in my old Rialta to decide on what options I want. I'm wondering if I delete the bench seats and table could I enclose/rearrange the equipment differently and create room for 2 chairs and counter space(s). We have no use for added sleeping space. I prefer sitting in a chair to a bench. Any help would be appreciated.
recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 11:46 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The rear bench is structural in that the o/h and bottom add rigidity to the build. what you do afterwards is at your own risk.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:49 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I believe the water heater and water pump is located under the driver side as well as your electrical panels, your batteries may be under your passenger side dinette or in the rear if you choose the "U" dinette option. Your power cord is located in the rear driver side.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:38 PM   #4

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
The water heater and water pump are under the drivers side bench. The fresh water tank is under the trailer in the back and the supply hose to the water pump comes up through the floor next to the water pump. The fresh water tank filler hose is in that area also, the exterior connection is on the drivers side near the back and the hose goes under the dinette bench and through the floor to fill the fresh water tank.

The exterior electrical hookup connection is on the drivers side at the very back. If you do not get the removable power cord option, the power cord goes into the trailer and coils up under the dinette bench. With the removable cord you can store it anywhere.

If you don't get the U-shaped dinette, the converter/power center will be on the wall of the dinette bench on the drivers side. With the U-shaped dinette the power center is on the back dinette wall towards the drivers side. If you get the surge protector/EMS it will be located in this area also.

If you get the U-shaped dinette the batteries will be under the back dinette bench towards the passenger side. With the standard dinette the batteries will be under the passenger side bench. If you get the inverter option, it will be under the passenger side bench, mounted on the back side of the bench wall so it doesn't take up a lot of space.

Bottom line is that in addition to being structural - the interior cabinetry lends strength and solidity to the shell - most of the water system and electrical system components are located under the dinette benches so there is probably not a way to do without them.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:06 PM   #5

Thanks Jim and David! Do you know how far apart the bench bases are if I leave them? Perhaps I can make a bar top above the passenger side at table height and have room in the isle for chairs. The driver's side would have a pad for the dog and I would see if Escape could make it a little narrower.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:12 PM   #6

I mixed up the sides. The bar top would be on the drivers side where most of the equipment like water heater are.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:21 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by recumbent View Post
I mixed up the sides. The bar top would be on the drivers side where most of the equipment like water heater are.
Where are you putting the battery(s)?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 03:44 PM   #8

Lithium ion are smaller and lighter and would go in the hopefully shrunken passenger side bench (probably 2 battle born). In 2-3 years when the tesla cyber truck is out I'll have tremendous storage (~200kWh) if the lifted 5TA can clear the bed wings for a reasonable turn. A new higher (than anderson) hitch will be needed. If not I'll keep my F150 to tow.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:57 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Not the best but you get the idea
Pics......
Attached Thumbnails
FB9435DF-6E74-4007-B97A-EF42E1B5662D.jpg   B9F7D68E-23CB-47B4-A8FD-270E84193F0A.jpg   C6326909-CF88-44F1-9D7F-0D5D0F98AD1D.jpg  
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:24 PM   #10

Looks like passenger bench can be shrunk a few inches to make more room in the isle for chairs but not the driver bench for leg room. The bar top will have to extend into the isle for leg room. I will have to take some measurements at the 2020 rally to see if it will work out. Thanks for the pictures! just what I needed.