A/C Problem - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2021, 07:14 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
A/C Problem

We’ve been on the road a month in pleasant weather until this week in Kansas and Colorado. We are having a problem with our AC and I’m just posting here to see if anybody else has had this issue and how you resolved it.

1st. When we started unit for first time on the road the thermostat seemed to be stuck … I could not change temp settings or fan. It is the Dometic digital. I pulled the front cover off two or three times which I guess reset it to where I could make changes.

2nd. If the first is not weird enough, the AC comes on ok but frequently, not always, when it gets to set temperature, the fan goes off but not the compressor. The compressor stays on and in about 5 seconds the fan comes back on and all seems normal again. This process repeats itself numerous times within a couple minutes and then stops doing it and runs well for a while. Fan is in auto mode.

Any ideas?
2019 Tundra Crew Max TV
ritacasita is offline   Reply With Quote