Air Conditioner - Cycling? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2021, 06:22 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21C
Air Conditioner - Cycling?

We have the very loud Dometic 11,000 BTU air conditioner. Other than being very loud, it has worked well for almost a year. Recently it has started cutting off, followed by an immediate restart. Sometimes this happens two or three times in rapid succession. The compressor cuts out, but so does the fan, even when it is set on high or low. I don't think that it is short cycling because of the fan cutout when set to high or low.

Any suggestions?
Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:52 AM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
I have 2018 Escape 21, which I think is called 21C now. ours has always cycled off as you described. 1st time it did it, I accused the private campground of having electrical issues lols. I think what's happening, with mine at least, set on auto it starts initially on high, then pauses, and starts again on low. I see you are setting yours on low or high, so that is a difference, maybe yours is OK and doing the same as mine?, I don't know?
CharlesPou is offline   Reply With Quote