anderson hitch lock - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2018, 12:13 PM   #1

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
anderson hitch lock

i know there is a thread on this but i cant seem to find it - just got my new lock but the chain attachments are going the wrong way so it wont go on. I'm guessing I need to loosen the bolt and turn them correct? i might have to remove them and switch them too - one forward one back but i have to re look at the hitch and lock together. Also is this hitch lock suppose to go on with the pad lock to the rear?

I'm not good at the whole tool thing but is that some thing i could do (remove/loosen the bolts) with that socket wench thing and the appropriate attachment or will i not be strong enough and should take it to a hitch shop?
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Kate, if your Andersen unit is mounted with the ball at the back, or cable release coming out the passenger's side, the chain attachment will be on passengers side offset to the front and the other chain attachment on the drivers side will be to the back.
If you do not have the wrenches or socket wrenches, you may need some one else to help you.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:49 PM   #3

on my passenger side the my chain attachment is set back right next to the cable release. so if the pad lock is in the rear the chain attachment will not line up. So will the lock work for my set up?
Old 02-27-2018, 02:59 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
https://andersenhitches.com/uploads/...stallation.pdf

Note that the eyelet should be on the opposite side of the cable release. This way the chain and eyelet won't interfere with the release mechanism.
If your pin block is already mounted to the trailer you just need to remove the bolts one at a time and replace them with the eyelet bolts. You don't need to remove the pin block to do this.

"First, using a 1/4" allen wrench, loosen the 4 set screws on your King Pin Coupler block (circled in red).
Next, remove the 2 Coupler bolts that attach the Ultimate King Pin Coupler to your king pin, and then replace them with the eyelet bolts as shown below left – keep the Coupler attached to the king pin."
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:03 PM   #5

i have an eyelet bolt on each side one to the back next to the release cable and one on the other side more forward.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:08 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
i have an eyelet bolt on each side one to the back next to the release cable and one on the other side more forward.

Here’s a pic Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	29871

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:37 AM   #7

Yes I have to remove the eyelet bolts and reverse them and also turn them. I'll look more closely tommarro to see how to do it. The customer service guy from Fort Knox locks called I texted him a picture he was very helpful.