Awning lights - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2021, 02:42 PM   #21

Trailer: 2020 E21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Is there a battery in the remote? Have you checked or changed it?. That’s where I would start.
Iowa Dave
Hi Iowa Dave,
Thanks for your reply. I forgot to put that I did change out the battery first thing. Dang, it’s a puzzler for sure. I do have a call to Dustin at Escape for help. Thanks again.
Ray
recray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 05:08 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by recray View Post
Our awning LED light won’t shut off or respond to dim or bright arrows. Stuck on dim. There is a small blue indicator light that blinks when any of the buttons. Nothing helpful in the instruction card. Anyone else have similar issues and what was your resolve? Thanks.
Ray
2020 E21C
I was having the same problem as you, Ray. I tried a 2032 battery in the remote instead of the 2025 stated on the remote. This solved my problem. At least right now, the lights are working.
Old 04-20-2021, 02:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
I was having the same problem as you, Ray. I tried a 2032 battery in the remote instead of the 2025 stated on the remote. This solved my problem. At least right now, the lights are working.
Hi Rick & Vicky,
Thanks. What an idea! How’d you ever discover that? I’ll check the battery number and switch if needed. It will be a couple weeks before we’re back to the camper. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks again .
Ray & Pam
2020 E21C
Old 04-20-2021, 09:41 AM   #24

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0ta
My awning LED light failed after the first use. After going through the normal troubleshooting checks I changed out the receiver and remote with new ones that Dustin from ETI sent me.
Now my tester indicates output voltage at the receiver. The voltage steps up or down when I hit the arrow keys on the remote. I'm guessing this means the remote and receiver are working but the light still does not work.

Has anyone found a solution to making this light work beyond replacing the remote and receiver? I'm really not looking forward to replacing this light strip on my new trailer.
nepaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 10:45 PM   #25

Trailer: 19 Escape, arrived March 2021
The LED lights don’t work on my new 19 either . . . New battery did not help. Oddly, the lights came on while the trailer was sitting on my driveway and then the thing wouldn’t go off. I ended up cutting the power supply to the lights.

It’s crazy, but I can’t find the RF unit. Dustin sent me a picture of where it’s supposed to be (upper cabinet, PS, above the bed in back), but it’s NOT there. Anybody else had a hard time locating the RF unit?

R.
thunderworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 06:25 AM   #26

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0ta
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderworks View Post

It’s crazy, but I can’t find the RF unit. Dustin sent me a picture of where it’s supposed to be (upper cabinet, PS, above the bed in back), but it’s NOT there. Anybody else had a hard time locating the RF unit?

R.
Remove the wire looming cover. The unit should be inside.

On mine I had to cut out a section of the light strip and solder the wires back onto the strip connections. Temporary fix until I can get a new strip.
Attached Thumbnails
light strip dimmer.jpg  
nepaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:37 AM   #27

Trailer: 19 Escape, arrived March 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepaweb View Post
Remove the wire looming cover. The unit should be inside.

On mine I had to cut out a section of the light strip and solder the wires back onto the strip connections. Temporary fix until I can get a new strip.
Thanks. I found it. I didn't know the term "looming", and I expected a larger unit . . . Escape makes access to all of this quite difficult. Needed a mirror, lights, etc. to see what I was doing in the cabinet. Straightforward, but difficult nonetheless.

Thanks again.
thunderworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 02:53 PM   #28

Follow up note on awning LED lights not working properly. I finally had chance to replace the awning LED control module and controller Jason sent and voila, all is right in the world. The awning LED lights work��Thanks Jason!
Old 06-03-2021, 04:35 PM   #29

The larger battery in the awning light remote didn't work for very long. I am having the same problem of not being able to turn the lights off.
I tried to find the RF unit (receiver). Dustin said in the 2017 Escape 21 it was behind the partition at the rear end of the cabinet above the dinette seat. I took the partition out (which was a chore because about 20 staples were used when 2 would have done). No RF unit. There was a black and a red wire that I expect goes to the awning and may also power the lights. I don't want to cut it to find out.
Does anyone know where the RF unit is?
Old 06-03-2021, 10:59 PM   #30

Hi Rick & Vicky,
On our 2000 21E it was located under the wire bundle protective sleeve leading out to the LED light. Give me a call and we can discuss, 605-661-5087. Leave message.
Ray
Old 06-07-2021, 11:25 AM   #31

Still looking for RF receiver

I'm still unable to find the awning light RF receiver in my 2017 Escape 21. There are no wires in the cabinet above the passenger's dinette seat. I've also removed the partition at the back end of the cabinet, and it is not there. There is a black and red pair of wires coming up from the back corner of the trailer and going into the space between the two layers of the bottom of the cabinet.

My thoughts are that is it either in the space between the two layers of the bottom of the cabinet or between the fiberglass and the insulation on the trailer wall.

Does anyone have thoughts on where the RF receiver may be or the best way to take apart the bottom of the cabinet?
Old 11-15-2021, 02:59 PM   #32

Light receiver replaced

I found the awning light RF receiver. There is a patch in the ceiling/back of the cabinet over the passenger's dinette seat. I originally thought the awning was bolted on here. However after I removed the patch I was able to reach into the space between the cabinet ceiling/back and the outer fiberglass shell. The RF receiver was in that space.
I replaced it and now the awning lights work.
Old 11-15-2021, 05:33 PM   #33

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
wow i thought mine didn't work because i dropped the controller one too many times sounds like it might be one of many reasons i think i will start with batteries!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 03:07 PM   #34

Trailer: 2023 E19
Goop ETI uses?

What is the sealant that ETI uses on the ends of the awning LED strip? What is the best way to remove it?

Our light strip stopped working. I replaced the battery in the remote, still nothing. I then bypassed the remote controller, still no light. It appears to me that the light strip has failed and needs replaced. Removing the sealant seems like it will be the worst part. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Corgbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 03:33 PM   #35

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Our trailer is older (2013) and there are several places including the awning lights where it looks like and feels and acts like silicone was used. That stuff is tough to get off of fiberglass. I had to remove it on a couple things but not the awning strip. I went to harbor freight and bought a set of four red plastic chisels that cost about $10. I worked at it slowly, Carefully and without exerting excessive pressure. I was able to pop the sealant off in small sliver and in small chunks without damage.

To reseal I used Proflex which isn’t so tough to get off. The chisels are from about 1/2 inch wide to an inch and half or so. I used a plastic smooth faced mallet that only weighted about 6 ounces for persuasion. That’s my experience but it wasn’t on the awning or on a trailer the same vintage as yours. Good luck. Easy does it.
Iowa Dave