Barbecue that fits in Front Storage Box? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2022, 03:26 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape E19
Barbecue that fits in Front Storage Box?

Anyone have a barbecue that they store in their front storage box that works well for them and travels well in the front storage box. No pickup truck and haven't found a bbq model that fits easily through the rear passenger side hatch of our E19. Thanks.
MarkinVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 04:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Ours won't fit in the cargo box but does fit under the passenger side dinette seat. It is a Magma Wilderness Gas Grill. It comes with a regulator control for using small propane canisters but I was able to order a different control that lets us tie in to the the external low pressure propane port on the trailer.
Mark B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 04:23 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I wouldn't worry about fitting it in storage. We transport our Napoleon in the aisle of our 17B. It's the last thing in and first out.
Attached Thumbnails
Napoleon Q controls.jpg  
Old 02-27-2022, 06:55 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Weber GoAnywhere fits easily in our front box. We use the charcoal version though; their propane version wouldn't do what we want- grillin'!
Old 02-28-2022, 10:28 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
The Coleman Grill/Stove will fit, however I don't recommend it. While the combination was handy, the "lid" is so shallow it is useless for covering a burger to melt cheese, etc. I gave up on it and switched to a Weber Q1200. It won't fit in the storage box, but rides in the truck & does a much better job of grilling.
Old 02-28-2022, 01:36 PM   #6

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Napoleon Q285

I wrote this in 2019, “The deciding point for the Q285 was storage. Verses the Weber 1200 the dome is less high and the feet tuck under, so it’s storage height is less. Because of this I am able to finagle it into the front storage hatch on my 21. First I easily remove the dome cover by pulling the two hinge pins on the back. With the dome off the bottom fits through the hatch opening with room to spare. Once it is in, I slide in the dome into its normal position on top and then reinsert the pins and close the lock on the handle. It may sound annoyingly complicated but it really isn’t. The whole grill slides into a cozy niche in the front right side of the compartment. “
After 1,000s of mile and dozens of uses I still store the stove like this and am happy with this solution. I’m in a 21 so not certain if the hatch door dimensions are the same.
Also the grill cooks great.
rlavine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 01:52 PM   #7

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
We use the Weber Go Anywhere propane model with the 1 pound cylinders so that I don't need to also haul charcoal and lighter fluid. It fits in the front storage box vertically. I did remove the clip that holds the propane regulator from the grill so that it stores separately. The grill burns a little hot so if I want to cook something slower I wrap it in aluminum foil, but the grill is very convenient and fits in the storage box which I like. We usually grill burgers, tenderloin, salmon, brats, etc.
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 02:02 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Main reason I went with Napoleon ( after using Weber and Dickinson ) is that it has two burners so I can cook direct or indirect.
Attached Thumbnails
chicken napoleon - 1.jpg  
Old 02-28-2022, 02:15 PM   #9

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i have the Napoleon too fits in my front storage area (5.0) along with a two burner stove. I really like the Napoleon grill.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 04:28 PM   #10

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinVan View Post
Anyone have a barbecue that they store in their front storage box that works well for them and travels well in the front storage box. No pickup truck and haven't found a bbq model that fits easily through the rear passenger side hatch of our E19. Thanks.
I have a Blackstone Adventure Ready 17" Griddle and it fits through the rear passenger side hatch of our 2020 Escape 19.

Here's a link to another post on what is needed to use the Blackstone Griddle and Outland Firebowl on the trailer's low pressure quick connect.

Blackstone Griddle and Outland Firebowl Quick Connect
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 04:41 PM   #11

Trailer: 2021 Escape E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlavine View Post
I wrote this in 2019, “The deciding point for the Q285 was storage. Verses the Weber 1200 the dome is less high and the feet tuck under, so it’s storage height is less. Because of this I am able to finagle it into the front storage hatch on my 21. First I easily remove the dome cover by pulling the two hinge pins on the back. With the dome off the bottom fits through the hatch opening with room to spare. Once it is in, I slide in the dome into its normal position on top and then reinsert the pins and close the lock on the handle. It may sound annoyingly complicated but it really isn’t. The whole grill slides into a cozy niche in the front right side of the compartment. “
After 1,000s of mile and dozens of uses I still store the stove like this and am happy with this solution. I’m in a 21 so not certain if the hatch door dimensions are the same.
Also the grill cooks great.
Well, we picked up the TravelQ 285. Thanks for all the Napoleon recommendations and rlavine's tip on through the hatch storage. The best part is it came with a griddle so now I have lost all doubt about if I should have gotten the Blackstone. The low pressure hose kit seems pretty rock solid and good times ahead.
MarkinVan is offline   Reply With Quote