Bathroom Door Gap - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2022, 11:12 AM   #61

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I can accept that mistakes get made and I've made my share of them but if I received a crap explanation like that I'd go ballistic.

How a sloppy installation like yours could happen leaves me dumbfounded. Such a simple thing to do. Put a 7 1/4" spacer block on the floor, sit the door on it and put the screws in.

Ron
Agree on some. Have to look at the whole length of the hinge side(shows up the most, being narrow). So far it looks like the opening is out of square(a parallelogram). If so not an easy fix. hope moving a couple hinges will do it. Then have check the Latch.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 11:56 AM   #62

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrisetrucker View Post
Our 2013 15B had no gap, in fact the door was bigger than the opening over lapping both the bottom and the top. So when we ordered our 17B I noticed that they were now making the door shorter to create the gap under discussion here. I disliked the look of that so I requested a taller door to eliminate the gaps. They honoured my request but charged me $75 dollars extra. I still think that gap looks odd and appreciate having paid those extra dollars. And as a side point, the door does not sit tight against the opening and so ventilation has never been a problem.
Well that explains it. When we bought our 2014/19 I was surprised by the gap, hated it. So they'd just started putting the gap top and bottom around then.

Another thing that surprised me is that I'd previously seen that they were installing the water filler with a locking door. I was happy because I never liked the exposed one on the Scamp. When we did our walk around during pickup I was disappointed to see the exposed filler. I was told that the other type was no longer available. Don't know about that, they still seem to be available.

There have been ongoing changes over the years, probably causing a little bit of a surprise or disappointment but generally change is for the better. Except for the door gap, still don't like it.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 12:06 PM   #63

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
I never paid much attention to the size of the gap, since it's for ventilation the more the merrier. And in our case we had ETI make an opening in the bottom of the door for our cats to get into the bathroom to access their litter box. Our gap is straight and square, though. Since we were going to have the cat opening in the bottom we had ETI mount the door with no bottom gap so our top gap is a little larger than most - again, probably better for ventilation.
Attached Thumbnails
Bath 5.jpg  
Old 06-30-2022, 03:58 PM   #64

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA Sold
Enjoy the trailer

Seems to me that it’s more important to get out and enjoy the trailer and have adventures than it is to stare at a bathroom door.

Sometimes not having any idea where we're going works out better than we could possibly have imagined. Ann Patchett
runnergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 06:10 PM   #65

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post
Seems to me that it’s more important to get out and enjoy the trailer and have adventures than it is to stare at a bathroom door.

Well said.....
Old 06-30-2022, 06:59 PM   #66

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
Quote:

Are you saying you don't care what the inside of your trailer looks like?
Old 06-30-2022, 07:21 PM   #67

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Well said.....
Sounds feely nice, but for me one of the reasons I chose Escape and had no problem paying more than what a Jayco cost was it’s quality.

If an expensive bathroom remodel at your home had work anywhere close to that, a person would be foolish to accept such work. As soon as one does accept a lesser quality work, be assured you will receive more of it.

I’m not of a fan mentally with sports or anything else, so I’m pretty much unaffected by even the previous owners history. Much respect for their product and hustle…

CPA, I did read one of the first things you did to prepare for your new trailer was to buy some damp rid, so I also went out and bought some. Do you place these in every upper cabinet.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:59 PM   #68

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA Sold
I’m saying that for me there are more important things to do in life than stare at a bathroom door. That’s all.

Sometimes not having any idea where we're going works out better than we could possibly have imagined. Ann Patchett
runnergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 10:11 PM   #69

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
Quote:
I’m saying that for me there are more important things to do in life than stare at a bathroom door. That’s all.

If I offended you I apologize. But perhaps you shouldn't criticize those who after spending tens of thousands of dollars on an RV simply want it to look good.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:59 PM   #70

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
If I offended you I apologize. But perhaps you shouldn't criticize those who after spending tens of thousands of dollars on an RV simply want it to look good.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 06:30 AM   #71

Trailer: 21
Quote:
I fail to see where she criticized anyone
Old 07-01-2022, 07:21 AM   #72

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quality is a perception that not everyone has the same degree of, so comments or criticisms should be taken lightly. As mentioned, get out and enjoy yourself in lieu of obsessing over a manufacturer flaw. Life goes on and there will always be flaws, some of us live with them, not to be taken as a comment about my significant other but my own health flaws. Up to 3 years ago I had never been to the hospital, but since then have made up for that gap!
Old 07-01-2022, 09:25 AM   #73

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' and 2004 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Quality is a perception that not everyone has the same degree of, so comments or criticisms should be taken lightly. As mentioned, get out and enjoy yourself in lieu of obsessing over a manufacturer flaw. Life goes on and there will always be flaws, some of us live with them, not to be taken as a comment about my significant other but my own health flaws. Up to 3 years ago I had never been to the hospital, but since then have made up for that gap!
Best of luck to you and your health, I can certainly relate to your position and your perspective. Although, I could not easily dismiss feeling a little irritated about some annoying imperfections on a new unit. I bought used, so I knew exactly what I paid for.
RBRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 01:04 AM   #74

Trailer: 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhold View Post
Last week we received our new 21C and noticed the gap at the top of the bathroom door is not even and there is a little damage to wallboard above the plastic trim. I do not recall seeing an uneven gap in pictures of other trailers or the one we toured?

I sent a note and pictures to Escape and the reply was "due to the shape of the trailer, 2/3rds of the trailer is built square with a few exceptions and this door is one of them, due to the shape of the shower opening the door does not line up square either on the top or bottom"

Appreciate pictures of your bathroom doors and/or feedback on this type of uneven gap.
that looks terrible They got to do better than that Almost looks like a misfit
Grasshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 01:34 PM   #75

Trailer: 2022 21C "Mabel" (on order) / 2019 F150 3.5 EcoBoost
Bathroom Door Gap Update

Update: Based on conversations with Escape they recommended modifying the opening to make it straight and send me additional trim pieces to cover the larger opening. They said if I was comfortable with the modification I could do so, or they would cover the cost for a carpenter to perform the work. I was not keen on making an even bigger opening, and also cutting into the bathroom fiberglass assembly.

So instead I proposed a new "Taller" door that would not correct the workmanship issues, but at least hide them. So they fabricated and shipped a new door that was ~ 2 inches taller and I installed it last week. Since the door is closed 99% of the time, we believe this was a good solution the problem.
Attached Thumbnails
New Bathroom Door.jpg  
Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 09:49 PM   #76

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Now you've got the door that a lot of folks who don't like the look of the gap wished they had.

Glad ETI stepped up to the plate.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote