Bathroom window leak - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2016, 12:00 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 19'
Bathroom window leak

Has anyone experienced water leaking in the bathroom window. It appears the well that the window inserts into at the bottom of the window has water collect from rain outside and then overflow into the inside. If anyone has had this problem and fixed it, I am interested in how they did it.
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:04 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I've had that problem with the bathroom window. I first thought that it was caused by the window drains being clogged up. After cleaning them out - the problem persisted. I have since learned to make sure that when closing the window, the window closes into the metal groove of that the two pieces of window glass. (That is how it closes when the windows are closest together. If the window misses that groove, it goes "all the way down" and I believe the water comes in between the two pieces of glass.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:05 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
I've had that problem with the bathroom window. I first thought that it was caused by the window drains being clogged up. After cleaning them out - the problem persisted. I have since learned to make sure that when closing the window, the window closes into the metal groove of that the two pieces of window glass. (That is how it closes when the windows are closest together. If the window misses that groove, it goes "all the way down" and I believe the water comes in between the two pieces of glass.
Assuming that you have the awning window. We had to push on the lower operating window to make it close completely after cranking it closed from the inside . Installing eze rv gutter also helps.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:31 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Mine is the sliding window, as produced in late 2013. Probably the same as sokol whose Escape is a 2013.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:36 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
Mine is the sliding window, as produced in late 2013. Probably the same as sokol whose Escape is a 2013.
Our Escape 19 was produced in mid 2013 and has a awning bathroom window.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:13 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Ours was produced Aug 2013 and has a slider.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:23 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I wish ours had the awning window. That frosted glass slider is of much poorer quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2016, 09:41 PM   #8

Thank you all. kstock11, you are correct, mine is the slider and I think getting it into the right groove matters. I haven't figured how to adjust it to make sure that happens but will be looking at it from the perspective you offered.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:53 PM   #9

Found the problem

Well once again Reace came through with the answer to my problem. When you open the window and the screen there is a small plastic part at the bottom where the screen and window fit into the channels. You pry that plastic piece out which is there to cover a small hole to allow for drainage. The hole will be on the outside channel, not on the inside where the screen seats into. If that small hole (approx. 1/2 inch long and very narrow) becomes clogged it will not allow the water to drain. I took a probe and cleared that out and my problem should be solved.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:24 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokol View Post
Well once again Reace came through with the answer to my problem. When you open the window and the screen there is a small plastic part at the bottom where the screen and window fit into the channels. You pry that plastic piece out which is there to cover a small hole to allow for drainage. The hole will be on the outside channel, not on the inside where the screen seats into. If that small hole (approx. 1/2 inch long and very narrow) becomes clogged it will not allow the water to drain. I took a probe and cleared that out and my problem should be solved.
We love this blog. We had two inches of water (twice) in our bathroom and couldn't figure out why! Did the bottle of water spill over? Did we leave the fan open? Thank you so much for helping us out. We feel like we are in a cartoon, "Goofy Goes Camping" and this blog answers so many of our newbie concerns. So on our check list when we wash the trailer: Clean out the bathroom window canal!
Old 04-02-2017, 04:51 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Actually all of your windows have "weep holes" as they are called and routine cleaning of all is recommended. Also your escape window may need a couple of small holes drilled on the outside frame to allow water to escape, if not already dome so. The factory started doing that sometime in 2013.