Originally Posted by rbryan4
I think you mean converter, not inverter. You can try to charge them directly to make sure it's not an issue with the charger/converter, but my guess is that they're getting long in the tooth.
I'd charge them directly, then test them. Obviously you want to check the electrolyte levels if you haven't already.
I always screw that up. Yes, I meant converter. And yes, it is the batteries. They will no longer hold a charge. I measured the voltage at the batteries with the master switch off and got 12.99 volts. As soon as the master switch was turned on, the voltage dropped to 10.13 volts with only the CO2 detector running.
We called ahead and will be picking up two new 6 volt Interstate batteries in Kamloops.