Bauer keyless entry door lock - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2022, 04:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Bauer keyless entry door lock

For those that purchased a trailer with the ETI installed keyless door lock, I came across an issue today with our used 21NE. Since it was new to me, I didn’t realize the deadbolt wasn’t engaging and locking the door fully. When it was locking, it gave me a long beep and a red light after, which I had thought meant it successfully locked the door. Nope! The deadbolt was only extending about half way, and the long beep/red light means something went wrong. It pays to read the instructions.

I swapped out the batteries, thinking maybe it was just underpowered. That didn’t fix it. I took the latch off the interior side (4 machine screws) and squirted some silicone lubricant inside where the latch pin sticks out, then manually engaged the deadbolt back and forth a bunch of times. That did the trick. Works like a charm now. Also: the code default when you take the batteries out is 3715. Manual is attached.

Edit: you know when the lock engages properly because it will give you two short beeps and a green light.

So if you are having issues with the deadbolt not extending fully, try some lubricant in the internal mechanism. This is what I used (which also works on squeaky bathroom door hinges):

4-oz All-temperature Silicone Drip Oil https://www.lowes.com/pd/3-IN-ONE-Al...icant/50370414
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bauer-NE-Instructions-23-Mar-15.pdf (254.3 KB, 21 views)
rainyescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 11:06 PM   #2

Trailer: 19 - 2021
Fixed my Bauer by replacing it with the original lock that ETI sent along. Bauer came with a lot of grease from the factory, so I didn't think more would help. Also had to often slam door to get it to close. Manual lock works fine, so I'm blaming the Bauer.
alanerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 11:33 PM   #3

I think if this one keeps acting up like this I’ll do the same thing. I noticed the excessive grease as well. Good to know that the difficulty in closing the door is due to the lock!
Old 06-06-2022, 09:54 AM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
It's a piece of crap. I replaced it with an RV Lock. I do not recommend anyone get that lock Escape supplies. My door popped open with the deadbolt supposedly engaged and I had to slam it to close no matter how I adjusted it. But the real difference came when I changed the locks- the wiring in the Bauer is extremely thin and flimsy and the deadbolt is very small. The RVLock is so much more robust, fit perfectly, and the door works as it should now. (Dustin kept telling me to loosen the screws so the door would shut right...)
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 09:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
(Dustin kept telling me to loosen the screws so the door would shut right...)
lol