Best wax for Fiberglass - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2019, 06:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 5 TA
Best wax for Fiberglass

Anyone use FW1 spray wax on the escape. Is it any good?
Greg and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 2023 5.0
I’m a big fan of Collinite. You’ll get 100 different answers from 100 different people on here but I used to work in the marine trades and that’s what all the yacht detail pros use in my area (Seattle). Easy on, easy off (except the paste wax) product great for amateurs. I bought an Escape since it was a “land boat” and can highly recommend Collinite. I use liquid cleaner wax and liquid fiberglass boat wax, 2 hours of elbow grease, and she looks like new. Happy trails to you!
Cascadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:53 AM   #3

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
I used the Meguiars products, really happy with them, a lot of work though.

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Mari...7038&s=gateway
Old 07-16-2019, 09:09 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadian View Post
I’m a big fan of Collinite. You’ll get 100 different answers from 100 different people on here but I used to work in the marine trades and that’s what all the yacht detail pros use in my area (Seattle). Easy on, easy off (except the paste wax) product great for amateurs. I bought an Escape since it was a “land boat” and can highly recommend Collinite. I use liquid cleaner wax and liquid fiberglass boat wax, 2 hours of elbow grease, and she looks like new. Happy trails to you!
I second the Collinite - I use 845 after cleaning with 920 using a Porter Cable 7424XP. After many years of using it on my boat, I have confidence that it is the best durable wax on the market.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:23 AM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I’ve used Meguiars , New Finish , Race Glaze , Liguid Lustre, Mothers , Turtle soray wax , etc etc on my fiberglass trailers . Some were easier to apply , some shined better and some seemed to hold up better . To me the type of wax / polish is not as important as that the trailer gets waxed / protected on a regular basis .
I wash & wax my trailer 4 to 6 times a year and no matter which product I use my trailer still looks new.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:09 AM   #6
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I’ve used Meguiars , New Finish , Race Glaze , Liguid Lustre, Mothers , Turtle soray wax , etc etc on my fiberglass trailers . Some were easier to apply , some shined better and some seemed to hold up better . To me the type of wax / polish is not as important as that the trailer gets waxed / protected on a regular basis .
I wash & wax my trailer 4 to 6 times a year and no matter which product I use my trailer still looks new.
Good to hear Steve! This past weekend, I was shocked at how easy the Redwood tree sap washed off our 21 roof since I had just put a coat of Meguairs wax on previously. It used to take me hours of serious elbow grease to get that annoying (super tiny purple but super sticky Redwood) sap off before on our previous trailers. The roadkill bugs on the front now wash off so much easier with a coat of wax under them, too. Another good incentive for me to try and wax on a regular basis. Thanks!
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote