Big Thanks For Our Escape 17 B Viewing - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2019, 09:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 17 B
Big Thanks For Our Escape 17 B Viewing

Just wanted to give a big shout out to fellow forum member mimie for inviting us to her wonderful New Hampshire home to view her brand new 17 B. We really appreciated her hospitality, shared some time with her sweet pups and learned a lot from a really knowledgable new Escape owner.

This is the first time we've toured an Escape. Mimi even turned on the toasty heater and warmed up the RV for our arrival because it was 17 degrees yesterday.

Wow, we are so impressed. Escape's build quality, thoughtful design, attention to detail, interior layout and feeling of interior spaciouosness exceeded our expectations.

As compared to another quality fiberglass RV brand we got to view locally we confirmed Escape is the right choice for our upcoming full time RV adventure.

jadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I see Mimi's 17b is still as shiny as the day she got it!
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:03 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 17B; 2011 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadams View Post
Wow, we are so impressed. Escape's build quality, thoughtful design, attention to detail, interior layout and feeling of interior spaciouosness exceeded our expectations.
Hey, thanks, you two - you were the best, to make the drive north in seeming "mid-winter" to see my new rig. It was the ultimate treat, being able to show you around the trailer, which (as you figured out) I am still getting to know.

I'm certain that you'll love YOUR new trailer, when you get it - it'll be a fine fit for you, Bernese Mountain dog and all. Excellent adventures in store for all of you.

The next time we visit, we shall have the finest of tea parties -- brewed in one trailer, enjoyed in the other, perhaps!

In the meantime - keep on having fun, and keep us posted on your trailer and TV progress, it's all great subject matter in these pages.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:42 AM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Moby 1 Teardrop
Mimi:
Beautiful trailer, looking at purchasing a 17b with some of the same features I can see from the pictures posted (front storage box, solar on roof). I am curious at what was your tongue weight and overall trailer weight at pickup? Thanks for any info you can share.

Ervin
duckofportland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 01:56 AM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
We had an older 17B. Great trailer, many KM's of adventure. The best trailers on the market in my opinion, sorry Airstream.

My new 19' should be entering build stages any day now. Hatching an egg.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:00 AM   #6

Trailer: 2019 17B; 2011 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckofportland View Post
Mimi:
Beautiful trailer, looking at purchasing a 17b with some of the same features I can see from the pictures posted (front storage box, solar on roof). I am curious at what was your tongue weight and overall trailer weight at pickup?

Ervin
Hi, Ervin -
The trailer weight per build sheet/bill of sale (presumably empty weight, so propane tanks likely empty) = 2,950 lbs. Haven't measured tongue weight, figure it's in the neighborhood of 325 lbs, as I have propane in tanks now.

Weighty add-ons: solar and AC. U-seat in rear dinette, too - possibly a bit more weight there.

If you want additional info, folks here can tell you more, of course, and the Escape website is pretty full of specs etc. Plus, for individual questions, the Escape staff are wonderfully helpful.

I am a total convert to this brand, though I am totally new to travel trailers in general. Still - imho - have to say "you're on the right track"!
Old 12-11-2019, 07:44 AM   #7

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimie View Post
It was the ultimate treat, being able to show you around the trailer, which (as you figured out) I am still getting to know.
It's fun isn't it? Most owners have a lot invested and are rightfully very proud of their trailers. How long did the tour take? The last time we showed the trailer it took 4 hours! Of course we spoke about camping in general and I was showing off my mods too .
Old 12-11-2019, 02:20 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Escape 17's tend to be tongue-heavy, since the axle is 12 feet back. (That's also why Escape places the 17's battery(ies) on the rear bumper).
Our 17A (1st gen. version: 2015) is 350+ lbs. on the tongue. Listed Dry Weight is 1970 lbs., but our 17A has A/C, solar, and our usual camping weight with water tank full, 2 propane tanks full, frig. and larder full is about 2600 lbs.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote