Buttons hard to use on a GoPower solar controller - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-11-2022, 06:50 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Mitt-Inn"
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkB View Post
I use the B button regularly on our Solar controller to switch between Amp/Volt/percent display...
I used to do that too. But after the button failure, I changed the display setting to automatically cycle thru the 'A/V/%' every few seconds so that I don't have to use the 'B' button--a little concerned about its frailty.

As an engineer, I had a calculator from 1984 that I used daily for decades. Who knows how many thousands of keystrokes. It went everywhere with me, including inside countless chemical processing plants. No buttons never failed. (At the risk of sounding like a curmudgeonly old wheeze) they don't make 'em like they used to.
J&B Mitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 07:31 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&B Mitt View Post
I used to do that too. But after the button failure, I changed the display setting to automatically cycle thru the 'A/V/%' every few seconds so that I don't have to use the 'B' button--a little concerned about its frailty.

As an engineer, I had a calculator from 1984 that I used daily for decades. Who knows how many thousands of keystrokes. It went everywhere with me, including inside countless chemical processing plants. No buttons never failed. (At the risk of sounding like a curmudgeonly old wheeze) they don't make 'em like they used to.
Was that a Texas Instruments unit?
Old 04-11-2022, 09:40 AM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 (Serenity).
Update - Go Power buttons

Go Power responded this morning:
- they first recommend a 'hard reset', which has the following instructions: 'Remove all 4 wires from the back of the controller for 30 minutes, then reconnect the wires. Battery first then solar panel. Determine if this clears the error state.' I'll need to disconnect the solar, but the battery has been disconnected since October
- if this doesn't help, they asked for proof of purchase (for the trailer) and a shipping address.

Seems that the GoPower service remains after their assimilation into the Borg^H^H^H^H Dometic collective!

S.
FlatlandFlyFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 10:00 AM   #24

Trailer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Was that a Texas Instruments unit?
Probably like the pocket one I have from when I got in in 78. Still going strong . Thank goodness as the one brain cell I have left only works once in awhile
Old 04-11-2022, 03:55 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&B Mitt View Post
...As an engineer, I had a calculator from 1984 that I used daily for decades. Who knows how many thousands of keystrokes. It went everywhere with me, including inside countless chemical processing plants. No buttons never failed. (At the risk of sounding like a curmudgeonly old wheeze) they don't make 'em like they used to.
I still have my HP 16C from circa 1980, a programmable hex calculator, and it still works like new!

John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 08:05 AM   #26

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
I still have my HP 16C from circa 1980, a programmable hex calculator, and it still works like new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
My Texas Instruments original TI 30 worked for over 40 years before some idiot let the battery corrode, killing it. I guess I needed to check the junk drawer more often. I was never happy with any of the replacement TI 30 series...
I still regularly use my Hewlett Packard 41CV calculator that I bought 40 years ago when I was in university taking my undergrad engineering degree. Although it does get significantly less usage since I found an app for my Samsung phone that is a near exact simulation of the 41CV. After using a calculator with RPN for 40 years it is difficult to use any other calculator.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote