Buying a Ford F-150 - Page 14 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #261

Old 01-17-2019, 04:29 PM   #262

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizterwizard View Post
You will steer going backward using the steering wheel but it will not be directly connected to the wheels. It will instead tell a computer where you want to go and the computer will sort it all out to steer you like you really want.

It will be possible to drive backward with a trailer at 40 MPH in perfect comfort and control.
That's pretty much the way back-up assist works. The steering wheel just whips around all by itself under direction from the computer.

Don't think that I'd be comfortable with any situation that included going backwards at 40 mph even without a trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Won't even need to check if their propane tanks are full before touching "Start Camping" on their smart device. That will be a very sad day....
How would Jim know that it's time to buy a new trailer?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:19 AM   #263

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Don't think that I'd be comfortable with any situation that included going backwards at 40 mph even without a trailer.
But that's the thing. With the computer in control it would be no different from your perspective than going forward, except the acceleration sensations would be different.

I don't have a clue if this will ever happen. I have seen technologies before that were on the verge of being introduced only to have something better make them irrelevant. I just think there is more coming than we can possibly imagine right now.
mizterwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:14 AM   #264

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
for the control knob and tweaked it. We both realized at the same time what had happened. While she was watching the mirrors she reached over and turned the knob. Problem was that she was turning the heater control knob which is close and also round.

We had a good laugh about that and then she proceeded to plant the trailer exactly where it was supposed to be.

I'm going to enjoy this feature, needed or not.

Ron
�� so how does that work, Hot for right, cool for left��
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:37 AM   #265

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I use to remember everyone’s phone #, now that the phones remember them and you just hit or say a name I don’t remember anyone’s #.
Backing up a trailer is a skill in progress and I still have an occasional off day with it after many years. When I don’t do it for awhile, the skill has eroded some. While this is interesting technology, I personally want to continue refining both my cursing and trailer backing skills.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:21 AM   #266

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
I use to remember everyone’s phone #, now that the phones remember them and you just hit or say a name I don’t remember anyone’s #.
Backing up a trailer is a skill in progress and I still have an occasional off day with it after many years. When I don’t do it for awhile, the skill has eroded some. While this is interesting technology, I personally want to continue refining both my cursing and trailer backing skills.

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:56 AM   #267

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotch View Post
�� so how does that work, Hot for right, cool for left��
If that's how it works then she must have been turning right a lot because it sure was warm in the cab.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:56 AM   #268

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
I also like the “cumulative miles” feature. Now I no longer have to keep track of trailer miles in my little notebook.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote