Camp Chef 14" with quick connect? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-16-2022, 02:13 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
Camp Chef 14" with quick connect?

We recently took delivery of our E19 and rather that purchase a new outdoor stove, I am hoping I can use my existing Camp Chef 14" (model name: Pro 60X) with the propane quick connect. This is the stove that I've got:
https://www.campchef.com/camp-chef-p...CC-PRO60X.html

I dove into the questions/answers on the Camp Chef website and I saw that someone asked about this and it APPEARS that Camp Chef said it is possible (see screenshot below).

I know this stove is kind of heavy duty, but it's only about 50lbs and I already own it, so I figure if I can make it work I'll stick with it for the time being.

Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2022-09-16 121124.jpg  
chicojerms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 03:23 PM   #2

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicojerms View Post
Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks!
Hi, chicojerms. We bought the Camp Chef Pro 60X for use with our 21C. With the appropriate quick connect hose (changed out from the hose with a regulator), it works perfectly well with the Escape propane side port connection.

The problem I had with that model was the size. I found it took up a good bit of space in the 5.5ft bed of our truck (along with all the other stuff we have in there), and it was just very cumbersome for me to fool with. We decided to keep it home from now on (we use it as a griddle to go along with our grill), and we bought the smaller single burner Pro 30 model. This is much easier for the two of us to use for camping.

That’s just our take on it. You obviously know what’s best for your camping style. Happy camping!
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 03:56 PM   #3

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
Hi, chicojerms. We bought the Camp Chef Pro 60X for use with our 21C. With the appropriate quick connect hose (changed out from the hose with a regulator), it works perfectly well with the Escape propane side port connection.
Thanks YakRV! If I understand what you're saying, the quick connect hose would not require a regulator, correct?
chicojerms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 04:33 PM   #4

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicojerms View Post
Thanks YakRV! If I understand what you're saying, the quick connect hose would not require a regulator, correct?
That’s correct. We hook up to the side port with a quick connect propane hose from the Camp Chef and light it up. Works great for us.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote