Changing light bulbs... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2020, 02:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Changing light bulbs...

Quite a while back I bought LED bulbs but didn't bother changing them - figured I do that as they burn out - well they do not seem to burn out. So I thought I'd go ahead and just change them but I can not seem to be able to pull the existing bulbs out. I don't want to break anything is there a trick ? Range hood was no problrm as that bulb was always falling out on it's own. Comment/help much appreciated.
Old 08-16-2020, 02:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
On mine the trick was pull hard and the real trick was buy different new ones because the first ones would not go in.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 03:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
On mine the trick was pull hard and the real trick was buy different new ones because the first ones would not go in.
Thank you ....oh sheesh ........that will really be pulling hard then. Did the same LED bulbs fit for your range hood?
Old 08-16-2020, 03:39 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
My range hood I believe is not LED but it went out and I haven't tried changing it yet.

But I think the regular LED lights are still the same as my 2011- can't promise it. I also wondered how hard you should pull. Do your replacements look like this?
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 04:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
My range hood I believe is not LED but it went out and I haven't tried changing it yet.

But I think the regular LED lights are still the same as my 2011- can't promise it. I also wondered how hard you should pull. Do your replacements look like this?

Thanks to your response I did get brave and pulled really hard ( with the help of a bit of rubber to hold the bulb) ..... and I am not weak - it was tough. our bulbs look like this..... the same as the bulb from our range hood.
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail_IMG_1906.jpg  
Old 08-16-2020, 05:04 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
Thanks to your response I did get brave and pulled really hard ( with the help of a bit of rubber to hold the bulb) ..... and I am not weak - it was tough. our bulbs look like this..... the same as the bulb from our range hood.
Hi: gabeck... How many escapees does it take to change a light bulb? I'm on the lookout for the "Pull it a call" Police. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 12:26 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Smile What size and number/brand or other information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: gabeck... How many escapees does it take to change a light bulb? I'm on the lookout for the "Pull it a call" Police. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
I have a 2009, Escape 17 B and my son-in-law replaced all the incandescent bulbs with led ones. Well except for one and I would like to buy replacements, but there are no numbers on the base of the bulb itself so I am wondering what size to order from Amazon.
Has anyone ordered them from Amazon to fit? I went to an RV store and for a smaller one they wanted $13 and I can buy 20 of them for approximately $12 on Amazon.
Unfortunately, there is no packaging left for me to know.
Help would be most appreciated.
Old 01-09-2024, 11:44 AM   #8

Trailer: 2005 17b
Did you get a response? I'm trying to find replacement bulbs and the ones on amazon are too fat at the base.
BoxerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 11:21 PM   #9

Trailer: 2008 BigfootRV 25B21RB
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMom View Post
Did you get a response? I'm trying to find replacement bulbs and the ones on amazon are too fat at the base.
Not sure what you mean. The wedge base is what is fairly commonly used nowdays (however my 2008 had standard round bayonet base 1141 lamps, but I think the Escape uses the wedge base lamps. Follow the M4Products link to see their wedge base lamps.

I refuse to buy any LED lamps from anyone except M4Products (Though I did buy some 194 LED equivalents from Super Bright LEDs)

M4Products engineers the lamps and lamp circuits themselves and specifies the components to be used. As a result, if you get all Natural White lamps, no matter the size or design, they will be the same color. Same with Warm or Cool White. I have had only one of theirs fail and it just quit, and they replaced it. I have bought Amazon LEDs and they started having individual LED elements fail right away. The ones in my current trailer were a mis match of color and they were clearly cheap ones with elements "burned out" also. I saved three of the old interior lamps that had odd color but were not yet failing and used them in my outside lights where color was not much of an issue, and use is infrequent. All of my interior lights (ceiling lights, stove light, puck lights and reading lights) are all natural white and all are from M4Products. They all match.

Edit: forgot to mention, I do buy the Elite line of lamps when I can. Yep, they are about $11 each or 10% discount if you by in batches of 10, but "you get what you pay for" and "buy once, cry once". Having them work, and not fail, is a huge plus that I don't mind paying for the first time.

I sound like an advertisement for M4 but I have converted 3 RV's now, a motorhome I did with Amazon lights and ended up buying a whole new set from M4, then a Thor trailer and now my Bigfoot.

Charles