Check list to use on pick-up - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2019, 02:27 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21', Maple Interior, previous 2015 Escape 19'
Check list to use on pick-up

We are picking up our new 21 in about 2 weeks. I know I have seen a suggested check list to use when doing the orientation to be certain everything works. It is either on this forum or the Fiberglass forum. Can anyone give me a link or a copy of this list?

thanks loads
bjsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
We picked up on January 14th. There was no way "to check everything out to make sure it works" at orientation. There is very little time to even look at the trailer, let alone check all the systems and applicances. If you have specific concerns, perhaps you could email your orientation person and request that they check those items out for you before you arrive. That was our experience, anyway.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:31 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I was impressed with ETI’s checklist that they used when manufacturing my 19 in 2014. They had three people sign off on each part of the build. Yes, things can be missed, but if you feel you can inspect more things than they do, good luck! I bought the Escape due to their great reputation and have been impressed with the build. My few minor failures occurred over time, not at the build. During periods of expansion, the likelihood of mistakes increases. Still, it’s tough to find these things in an orientation. Hopefully your experience will be a good one.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:42 AM   #4

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Be sure to check custom work, if you have any done. Non-standard build sheet items are much more likely to develop errors that escape detection. I’ve been at two pickups where I’ve seen it happen. Fortunately, the items were caught and fixed on the spot. Would have been much harder to fix after import to the US.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:32 AM   #5

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chama View Post
We picked up on January 14th. There was no way "to check everything out to make sure it works" at orientation. There is very little time to even look at the trailer, let alone check all the systems and applicances. If you have specific concerns, perhaps you could email your orientation person and request that they check those items out for you before you arrive. That was our experience, anyway.
Agree! We were given about 15 minutes, at the most, inside to check our 5.0. It was raining outside and they wouldn't let us go behind the fence. Very disappointing! Make a list in order of the importance of checking.

After 15 weeks of camping we realize the only thing incorrect was the 5th wheel hitch on the camper was mounted too low, despite having purchased the high lift kit and informing ETI the ball was to be mounted in it's uppermost position, so it would clear our trike wheels. They knew this was to be installed this way. We did not carry the trikes when we picked up our camper, and discovered this when I put our trikes in the bed last January. I had to put the 5.0 hitch in the uppermost position by myself, standing in a foot of snow, in 10 degree weather. However, the camper is actually nearly perfectly level in this position.

Enjoy,

Perry

Tags
check list, orientation check list