Clearance lights..... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2017, 12:40 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Clearance lights.....

I noticed my lights were not as bright as they used to be and I could see some residue as well as condensation inside the lights. There is a slot on the bottom of each light where a screwdriver can pop the lens off. After cleaning and using a tooth brush on some, dried and a small hole is drilled to keep away condensation, they snap right back on easily. All 4 bottom lights were easy, except for the top front 2 which have been top sealed with caulking. One came off and one did not but instead cracked. All the others snapped on/off easily. I notice these lights are new style, at least the installation is. On my 2012 they were not leds and the lights were riveted. Easy to replace the bulbs with led replacements. On my 2014, all the lights were now led and the lights were riveted to the trailer. I requested the old style lights so that the bulbs could be led replaced without replacing the whole light, which was done. When ordering the new trailer I requested that the led lights be screwed, for ease of replacement, which Escape graciously complied with.
I ordered a replacement lens here https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1424.jpg   IMG_1425.jpg   IMG_1426.jpg   IMG_1427.jpg