Coleman mach 10 air conditioner problem. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2022, 08:52 AM   #1

Trailer: 2021 5.0 TA
Coleman mach 10 air conditioner problem.

Now that it's hot enough I tried the air conditioner out in the backyard and it blows air it goes faster and slower but I cannot get any cold air to come out of it. Do I need to flip the breaker and let it reset?
We just got the trailer in september.
Old 06-26-2022, 09:07 AM   #2

Trailer: 2021 21NE
It may be running on the FAN HIGH or FAN LOW setting or it may be running on the COOL HIGH or the COOL LOW setting and the temperature is set above the ambient temperature.

Set it to COOL AUTO HIGH or COOL AUTO LOW and keep setting the temperature lower until it starts. The fan won't turn on until the thermostat calls for cooling. If you don't get cooling when the fan turns on then something is wrong. If the unit doesn't turn on even with the temperature set well below ambient temperature then something is wrong.

Are you using the "RV Climate" app from Coleman to control the unit?
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 09:40 AM   #3

I mean using the app on my phone and also manually doing it and I have put it to Auto and it continues to run the fan but no cool air.
Old 06-26-2022, 09:56 AM   #4

When mine starts in the COOL AUTO LOW setting I hear the fan start and air comes out the exhaust vents. Shortly after (about 4 seconds) the fan starts I can clearly hear the compressor start.

Try starting it on the COOL AUTO LOW setting. The fan should be quiet enough at this setting to hear the compressor start. If you hear the compressor start and no cool air comes out within 30 seconds, I would guess the compressor plumbing leaked the refrigerant. If you don't hear the compressor start then there may be a loose electrical connection to the compressor.
Old 06-26-2022, 10:12 AM   #5

Yeah I reset my breaker and I do not hear the compressor coming on all I hear is a fan.
But then again I'm pretty deaf...
And it definitely got warmer in there instead of colder while I was running.
Old 06-26-2022, 10:26 AM   #6

Maybe there is a loose connection to the compressor that you can fix. That would be a lot easier than repairing a leak and recharging the system. I am hard of hearing too but can clearly hear the compressor start without hearing aids. But, I don't run on high settings.

I remember you from the Osoyoos Rally. Good luck figuring it out. I would be interested in hearing what you find.
Old 06-26-2022, 05:36 PM   #7

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21C
I haven't used the app yet but use the mode button to turn it on. It first goes to low fan then High fan then low cool, then high cool. I haven't run it on auto but if you follow that sequence when it gets to either low or high cool you should hear the compressor come on.
Greatboatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 09:09 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
you can definitely hear and feel the compressor come on, its a GRUMMPPWHIRRRR thats notably deeper and lower sounding than just the fan running. My Coleman doesn't have bluetooth, just two knobs, one has off, low fan, high fan, low cool, high cool, the other is a thermostat which runs from all blue to all red. if its turned all the way to all blue, then the compressor runs full time when the mode switch is in either COOL position.

the fan and compressor get their power from the same circuit, so if the A/C fan is running, you got power.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 10:17 PM   #9

John, The Mach 10 is soft start and the fan and compressor do not start at the same time. The fan comes on first and then about 4 sec later the compressor starts. In the LOW or HIGH AUTO COOL modes, the fan and compressor both turn off at the same time when the operator's selected temperature is reached. The operator sets the temperature digitally.

Of course the fan and compressor are on the same house circuit but the compressor is internally controlled separately from the fan. In this case, since the fan comes on and the compressor does not come on when in one of the AUTO modes, could it be that a connector from the control board to the compressor is not making contact? Or, maybe the compressor has a high pressure reset that is goofed up. The reason that I say "in one of the AUTO modes" is because if the fan is on when in AUTO then the compressor should also be on. In the other modes of operation for this air conditioner, the fan stays on continuously and the compressor turns on only when cooling is needed which makes it hard to tell if the compressor is being asked to run. In the AUTO mode, if the fan is running then the compressor has also been asked to run.
Old 06-28-2022, 02:50 PM   #10

Trailer: 2021 Escape E21C
just a comment, but when you said you tried the AC in your backyard were you pluged into 30 amp? it won't run off 110
gshadel795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 07:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshadel795 View Post
just a comment, but when you said you tried the AC in your backyard were you pluged into 30 amp? it won't run off 110
I have a 240 on a 20 amp breaker and I also used my predator 3500 with no results.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:06 PM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
whoa. STOP RIGHT THERE., The trailer is 120VAC at 30A, *NOT* 240VAC. 240VAC *will* blow stuff up, quickly.

Contrary to GSHadel795's assertion, 120V at 15-20A *will* run the air conditioner, it just won't run the A/C and microwave at the same time.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 09:03 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
whoa. STOP RIGHT THERE., The trailer is 120VAC at 30A, *NOT* 240VAC. 240VAC *will* blow stuff up, quickly..
Sorry I miss typed that wrong it's 110 volt.
Old 10-07-2022, 09:52 PM   #14

I guess it was a broken line and they're replacing it on the 26th of this month.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:53 AM   #15

They replaced it with a new one it was a broken Freon line, I turn the heat on in there and then turn on the air conditioning and it seems to work.