Cover your Escape - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 B17
Cover your Escape

If anyone is interested in having a cover made for their Escape see American Fabricators Ltd., 1196 E. Pender St., Vancouver, BC 604.253.8277 or if out of town 1.888.777.4736 or web page www.amfab.ca

They made one for our B17 to military standers and it has held up well for the last four years. We paid about $300 for our but I would think that they are probably more like $600 now for the same. (we got a good deal)

Cheers, Thom & Susan

Sorry, no picture at this time but if you go to there webpage you can get an idea.
Bobccat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #2

Re: Cover your Escape

Hi,
I just ordered this cover.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Trillium-Outb...8a2#ht_1228wt_
Phil
Old 08-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape

Phil,

I saw those too. Let us all know how you like it.

Klaus

Honda Pilot 2019
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:04 AM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300

I heard that covers will, eventually, because of the constant movement due to wind, leave scuff marks on the gel coat where they rub. I would like to have to hear from someone with the experience of using one. Douglas Fir are not the best trees to park anything under.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b

I bought a cover for my 17b when I bought the trailer from Escape. It came with access zippers and a sturdy "cap" that allows air circulation. I generally put the cover on after each use after car washing the entire trailer. I pad the furnace vent, bumpers, and stairs to prevent ware on sharp areas. I haven't seen any scuff marks. The whole cover can be cleaned in/with an industrial washer or a garden hose. Tree debris and UV is my concern. I like a shiny trailer.
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #6

I e-mailed Reace and Tammy before we left on our last roadtrip (10 days ago?).

They are currently looking for a quality cover that can retail for less than the one they used to carry.
It must also fit, zip, and not rub the covered product.

Apparently, such a product is hard to find.
shanngord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 17B - Escape Pod

We bought the cover for our 17B, and it did well the first winter. Last winter however was a heavy snow year here in Alberta, and the weight of the snow ripped the cover over the antenna and solar panel. it also developed holes on the side, I think as the result of squirrels chewing at it. I hope we can patch it, as $600.00 is a lot for two seasons of coverage. I have seen no evidence of the cover wearing on the trailer.
ddevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:39 PM   #8

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B

Doug P sent me some pictures of his 19 with the cover he bought from Escape - I've posted one below.

When talking to Tammy last week, she said they were trying to find a cover company who could make the trailer covers
to size for the Escapes. In the past, they had to buy covers that were oversize and then send them to someone else
to have them altered to fit the Escapes - thus the high cost of the covers. Unless I misunderstood, I don't believe they are
offering covers at this time as they too felt the cost was too high. She did mention that they would be attending a
RV trade show in November and were hoping to find a manufacturer for Escape covers.

Attached Thumbnails
trailer cover 3.jpg  
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #9

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C

I've used a Cover Giant silvertech Casita cover for the last four winters - first on our Scamp and then on our 17B.
http://store.covergiant.com/casitacovers.html
It was baggy on the Scamp & a really snug fit on our Escape plus the tv antenna makes it ride up in back, but I had it so its what I use .
I'll try to remember to take pictures when I put it on again in a couple months.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #10

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna

Because I am in the very Sunny Sacramento, California area and I park the "Suite Escape" in the driveway, the need for her is UV protection. I ordered a custom one from ADCO (through Camping World when they had a sale),that has in addition to the zippers for the door, I had a zipper placed in each of the 4 corners so that I could put it on myself without too much trouble. It is out of Tyvek and very light weight. Unfortunately she has suffered some UV wear as I only got it late last year. However, so far so good, even in the wet/cold weather. http://www.campingworld.com/order/wi...&cord_Group=27
It was under $500.00. My experience was with a "Paul" at ADCO, who was very helpful with measurements , drawings and details.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #11

Trailer: 2011 Escape 19

I just put the cover on my Escape 19 for the first time and I will leave it on for the winter. It's the one that I bought from Escape when I picked up my trailer this spring. It is not as tight on the right side as it looks, it's just really windy today and the wind is blowing it up against the trailer. It was a bit expensive, but it seems to be of decent quality and it fits reasonably well.

Attached Thumbnails
Cover-Left-Side-reduced.jpg   Cover-Right-Side-reduced.jpg  
Old 09-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #12

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

For the winter How sad : - (
We've delayed a day because of Tropical Storm Lee is dumping on the western NC/eastern TN mountains where we are headed for about 10 days. Oh well, need the rain!
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #13

Trailer: 2011 Escape 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieEscape
For the winter How sad : - (
Sad is an understatement. I look forward to retiring in 3.5 years and then I can just go to where there is no winter. Perhaps I will host a cover burning party because I won't need it if I am always using the trailer.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #14

Hi,
Well, the Escape 13 is home and covered. See my previous post to the link where I bought the cover. Here's the photo. It's a pretty good cover for about $100. Fairly durable material. Fits well. Easy to put on. Elastic front and back, like a fitted sheet. Belly straps fore and aft and grommets midship near the tires (I tie the rope supplied from side to side under the trailer). The only disadvantage is that there's no door, but that's not much of a problem with the 13 footer because it's so easy to take off and put on.
Phil
Attached Thumbnails
Tony Covered.jpg  
Old 10-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #15

Trailer: 2015 E19

I've been talking to friends about whether or not to get a cover or not as I was not totally convinced on the need of it However, I am getting my 17b polished and shined up and would hate for that shine to go away. It's a 2006 model and it shows its years. I'm hoping with the new polishing that it will look close to new. But we're going into winter season and I will have to put it away for approximately four months

I've talked to Tammy who told me that she potentially has three covers left and then they're not selling them anymore due to the cost. She did recommend me talking to a person from WW tent repairs in Chilliwack about making a custom cover. Basically, long story short, the best way would be to get a cover and then she can cut and sew to fit the trailer for $250. So depending on the cost of the cover, it could be more affordable than the $600.

Perhaps Camping World would be a good place to start as well. I see on their website that they do make custom covers as well. I'd be interested to know how much they would charge. And then compare it to getting a universal cover and getting it sewn to size in Chilliwack.

Thanks for posting this topic, it's been helpful!
azutco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:02 AM   #16

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE

I think the best, least expensive and lasting cover is a coat of quality wax every six months. That's not to say I've ever waxed Toad. I don't have enough elbow grease.

I've only used the Simonize wash/wax solution a few times a year. So far, so good ( three years ).

I'm not convinced that a cover is an economical or effective way to protect the gelcoat.

I'll report, after further study. Maybe ten years from now.

baglo

Old 10-20-2011, 08:34 AM   #17

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)

After considering the covers, I opted originally for the fabric covered metal frame shelter as it cost no more than the better quality covers. They are available as full coverage or just a top with open sides. [We live in the country and have plenty of space, so that may not be an option for many people. After about 6 years, the fabric was degrading from UV and this time we opted to replace it with a pole shed that now houses both our tractor and "Blue"]

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #18

Trailer: No more Escape 21

Speaking of covers, here is my story. Living in the wet northwest and on a lot that is mostly trees the result is that the top of my Escape gets dirty, accumulates leaves and needles and worst-of-all, pitch. I put it with it last year and spent a lot of time cleaning and waxing the Escape.

This year I resolved to have a shelter built to keep the Escape in pristine condition. Only problem was that the county said that any structure had to be set back at least 20 feet. Just no way that I could do that in the existing pad for the Escape. I could spend a small fortune and cut down a lot of trees and clear the land for a pad and shelter. But this option just isn't in the cards. Nor is renting a covered space. So go to Plan B.

I purchased an ADCO travel trailer cover that Camping World had on sale. I got the smallest one available for trailers up to 20 feet in length. Only problem is that the cover is designed for a stick built trailer, not the seek Escape. It is a little on the large size. The ADCO cover more than covers the Escape -- it encases it! I ordered wheel covers, which are not needed at all since the cover goes over the wheels without any problem. Check out the photo.

Before I put the cover on I washed and waxed the Escape. On the roof I put an extra heavy coat of wax and did not buff any off.

At least for this winter, the Escape is protected. However, I'll still have the dirt, leaves, needles and pitch problems next camping season as it way too much of a job to put the cover on and take it off after each trip.

Maybe there should be a Teflon coating option . . . . . . .
Attached Thumbnails
Cover.JPG  
Old 10-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #19

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21

Thanks for posting the picture! We have exactly the same cover that we plan to put on our 19ft once we tuck her away for the season. We knew it would be somewhat on the generous side - now we know just how she'll look! 8)
Old 11-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #20

Do you think the white shrink plastic they us for boats would work...and is it economical to do each year.