Dimension of 5 cu ft Fridge Freezer -- Dometic RM2554 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2020, 10:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 - ordered
Dimension of 5 cu ft Fridge Freezer? Dometic RM2554

I did a search but couldn't find this -- please point me to it if I've missed it... otherwise:
What are the dimensions -- height and width and depth -- of the freezer section of the 5 cubic foot refrigerator that is currently standard in the ETI 19'?
I've been told it's a Dometic model RM2554. But the Dometic site doesn't give volume or dimensions of the freezer compartment -- just the total ("5 cu ft") for the unit.
I'm trying to decide between the standard 5 cu ft unit and the optional 6 cu ft. If the 5 has a bigger freezer section than that in the fridge of my current rig then I'll probably be satisfied with it. Otherwise...
Thanks. - Mark
MarkBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBC View Post
I did a search but couldn't find this -- please point me to it if I've missed it... otherwise:
What are the dimensions -- height and width and depth -- of the freezer section of the 5 cubic foot refrigerator that is currently standard in the ETI 19'?
I've been told it's a Dometic model RM2554. But the Dometic site doesn't give volume or dimensions of the freezer compartment -- just the total ("5 cu ft") for the unit.
I'm trying to decide between the standard 5 cu ft unit and the optional 6 cu ft. If the 5 has a bigger freezer section than that in the fridge of my current rig then I'll probably be satisfied with it. Otherwise...
Thanks. - Mark

I can tell you you didn't miss it!! After 5 emails to Dometic they finally said they had no idea It took a linda and a tape to find out for sure. here you go.
5 cu freezer 17” wide x 6” high x 8” deep
Attached Thumbnails
5.0 cuft fridge open (2).JPG   6 cuft fridge open 2.JPG  
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:31 PM   #3

pic inside not sure what you current rig is? we went the large fridge for the freezer room. are casita had a 4 cu but the freezer was the same size as escapes 5 cu
Attached Thumbnails
5.0 cuft fridge open (4).JPG  
Old 05-16-2020, 10:32 PM   #4

Thanks, NEWYORKHILLBILLY!
Old 05-16-2020, 10:34 PM   #5

oh ya the 6 cu adds 20lbs to build
Old 05-16-2020, 11:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
pic inside not sure what you current rig is? we went the large fridge for the freezer room. are casita had a 4 cu but the freezer was the same size as escapes 5 cu
The 17 X 8 X 6 you report for the freezer is about twice the size of the freezer in my current rig...and doing some arithmetic tells me that the above-freezing section would be slightly bigger than what I currently have, so should be OK for me.

My current rig (a FWC truck camper) has an Isotherm 130L compressor fridge. This is not original equipment; I put this in after the original Dometic ruptured its cooling system, spewing ammonia into the camper -- 3 days into a 2-week trip.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBC View Post
The 17 X 8 X 6 you report for the freezer is about twice the size of the freezer in my current rig...and doing some arithmetic tells me that the above-freezing section would be slightly bigger than what I currently have, so should be OK for me.

My current rig (a FWC truck camper) has an Isotherm 130L compressor fridge. This is not original equipment; I put this in after the original Dometic ruptured its cooling system, spewing ammonia into the camper -- 3 days into a 2-week trip.

one advantage of the smaller fridge it you get the microwave cabinet above it. its wired with plug. You can use it for more storage also.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
one advantage of the smaller fridge it you get the microwave cabinet above it. its wired with plug. You can use it for more storage also.
Yes, that's the driver for me sticking with the stock 5 cu ft: I'd rather not lose that cabinet -- probably for a microwave.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:14 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
or a dry pantry. In the E19 kitchen area it is not as large as the E21 and food storage of chips and other large light items, even plates I found would store nicely in the empty o/h refer closet. Also a handy 120v plug is there for keeping a rechargeable flashlight handy.