Dish Network - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2020, 11:18 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017Grand Design 2500
Dish Network

Has any one attached the coax from the dish antenna to the outside cable connector? and does it work. Also would be interested knowing where folks put the receiver in the 5.0TA
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
Has any one attached the coax from the dish antenna to the outside cable connector? and does it work. Also would be interested knowing where folks put the receiver in the 5.0TA
I installed an external coax connector to the outside rear of our trailer for the Dish Sat Dish. That coax from the Sat receiver to the antenna outside is powered and I did not want to chance any troubles with OTA jack antenna/campground TV signal A/B switch. I put the Dish receiver in the cabinet over the dinette in our E21. It was easy to route the coax through the under seat area in the dinette, up the corner of the wall and into the overhead cabinet to the receiver. I'm assuming you could do the same thing in a 5.0.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 02:34 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Because we always had problems with campground cable systems and the OTA setup passing the lower channels, typically the channels carrying the network feeds. I disconnected the coax cable from the input that was in place, and ran a new quad shielded RG6U cable to the side of cabinet next to the stairs. When we use the Wally, it is placed on top of this cabinet. If satellite signal is blocked, the receiver stays in a case beside the bed. Although we have the Jack antenna, sometimes it picks up a myriad of channels and at other times only a few, and often the transmissions are weak leading to excessive pixelating. If I had to do it again, I would omit the Jack antenna. We also carry a small DVD player in the event cable, OTA, or satellite signals are nonexistent or dismal. One summer we watched Downton Abbey, another we watched most of Longmire. We really do not watch a lot of television until after the evening meal, especially if it is rainy.
Old 02-02-2020, 07:59 AM   #4

Thank you for the information
Old 02-02-2020, 08:02 AM   #5

We are thinking about getting an Escape 5.0 but have to sell our 29 ft trailer first. Just trying to get all the info I can so when we place the order I sort of know what I’m doing